• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

K Walker needs to get the most touches of our RBs...

Dortch also had an offer from Iowa State.

Bates was a Toledo flip and had an Iowa offer.

Yep and Jesse Bates was a flip from Ball State, and Greg Dortch was offered by WF, Coastal Carolina, Delaware State, Hampton and JMU. Boogie Basham had one other Power V offer. OTOH, Michael Allen was offered by Bama, USC, FLA, UGA, FSU, Notre Dame, Miami, Nebraska, Tennessee among countless other Power V offers.

That's why football recruiting rankings and even offer lists often aren't indicative of the talent/productivity for football recruits.

To be fair, linemen take the longest to develop. Strength and good weight gain help them the most. Boogie is a RS Jr. Mike Allen is only a RS Soph this season. He is just starting to make an impact.

Yep and Jesse Bates was a flip from Ball State, and Greg Dortch was offered by WF, Coastal Carolina, Delaware State, Hampton and JMU. Boogie Basham had one other Power V offer. OTOH, Michael Allen was offered by Bama, USC, FLA, UGA, FSU, Notre Dame, Miami, Nebraska, Tennessee among countless other Power V offers.

That's why football recruiting rankings and even offer lists often aren't indicative of the talent/productivity for football recruits.
Just proves how good Clawson really is.

I think Clawson should ask Manning how to handle integrating a future pro into a lineup with veterans since he had that experience with Collins.

Probably want to max him out at 8 minutes per game.

I would say at the end of last year, Michael Allen looked pretty darn good.

Maybe with the return of Tyler Williams, we can sneak Allen back out to DE some.

I mean he is barely seeing the field now from what I can tell.

But that's a clear #inclawitrust

No doubt that dortch visited ISU and we were in fear of losing him.

i believe dortch visited / was offered by iowa state after he was already committed to us

Many WF offers/commits become targets of Power V schools after WF becomes interested as that legitimizes their status as a prospect. That's the point.

Many WF offers/commits become targets of Power V schools after WF becomes interested as that legitimizes their status as a prospect. That's the point.

Not actually your point since 20 minutes ago you were still contending he never had an Iowa State offer, but whatever.

I will say it again. Handoffs to Walker are lost opportunities for big gains. I’m ok spelling him with Cade on occasion, but CBS should only spell him when 3rd and longs and possibly some 2nd and longs so he keeps team honest to defend run while also having a great option out of the backfield for a screen or dump pass.

He clearly has the intangible factor you want to see. His elusiveness means that he gets an extra 1-3 yards that an average back wouldn’t.

He should be above CBS on the depth chart, but I understand it’s tough to make that call.

Carney is a very good player, CBS is pretty good as well, but Walker is just special.

Walker is John Collins and Carney is Devin Thomas.

Not really complaining since they are all pretty good but Walker just has amazing acceleration.

The only reason that CBS is above Walker is due to some weird loyalty due to seniority.

Carney should remain the starter though.

Carney is a very good player, CBS is pretty good as well, but Walker is just special.

Walker is John Collins and Carney is Devin Thomas.

Not really complaining since they are all pretty good but Walker just has amazing acceleration.

Bad comparison between Carney and Thomas. Carney is likeable and good. and Clawson won’t make the dumb decision of completely ignoring Walker.

The only reason that CBS is above Walker is due to some weird loyalty due to seniority.

Carney should remain the starter though.

Don’t think it’s seniority, Walker is still working on pass-pro and catching out of the backfield.

Each week, Walker will get more snaps.

Don’t think it’s seniority, Walker is still working on pass-pro and catching out of the backfield.

Each week, Walker will get more snaps.

Carney had 4 receptions last year. 4.

Colburn had 10 receptions. That's 14 combined between the top two backs.

Bad comparison between Carney and Thomas. Carney is likeable and good. and Clawson won’t make the dumb decision of completely ignoring Walker.

+1 Carney isn’t stunting Walker’s growth like Thomas did with Collins. It’s clear that we can have two running backs split time and carries very well.

Back