• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

K Walker needs to get the most touches of our RBs...

saltydeac

Reaction score
Updating to not denigrate CBS but to show K walker the love....

Last edited:
I'm cool with rotating em for now. Thunder and lightning. Don't wanna wear Walker down by giving him too much in between the tackles stuff.

Not to mention Cade will presumably be back soon, but def should use Walker as the change of pace when he does

I like Walker getting the #2 carries behind Cade when Cade is back too. Kid is special.

CBS is a solid #2 back and good out of the backfield. Good to have multiple guys who can do the job. Hope Carney gets healthy.

CBS has been very, very good in pass pro. You can't just put him in there to block on passing plays without giving the call away. I do like how shifty KWIII has been, though.

CBS has been very, very good in pass pro. You can't just put him in there to block on passing plays without giving the call away. I do like how shifty KWIII has been, though.

True but walker average over 7 yds/carry to cbs 3:4 so at a minimum Walker needs to have twice the carries of cbs instead of cbs having most carries between the 2. Cbs should be relieving walker not the other way around.

Walker is legit. If you think he's not better than Cade and CBS (and I like CBS), not sure what to tell you....

True but walker average over 7 yds/carry to cbs 3:4 so at a minimum Walker needs to have twice the carries of cbs instead of cbs having most carries between the 2. Cbs should be relieving walker not the other way around.

Maybe your small sample size avg per carry needs to factor in 1 carry for 90+? Like all 3 guys for different reasons.

Walker has looked good and I am looking forward to seeing him more. We really need Carney to come back healthy and we also need CBS too.

Maybe your small sample size avg per carry needs to factor in 1 carry for 90+? Like all 3 guys for different reasons.

222-96=126 yards on 21 carries. Six yards a carry talks. If KW continues what he has shown, Clawson will adjust the workload. Can't have too many quality running backs.

Need to get CBS out on the perimeter. Not right up the middle. Walker seems to be a special player in the making.

CBS does not need to stay on the bench. The kid is talented, explosive, and he’s not afraid to block or tackle.

He’s being utilized differently at WF than he was is HS, which is the last place he had significant playing time, but he knows Clawson has confidence in him to do his job so he’ll find his rhythm and be just fine.

Need to get CBS out on the perimeter. Not right up the middle. Walker seems to be a special player in the making.

Agree on this. He’s also been a pretty good receiver. Get him loose in space and he can make things happen.
That being said, I love Walker.

Actually those averages are just last night but also vs Rice Walker was better without the 95 yard run.. Even without the 95 yard run Walker averages over 6 per carry vs CBS’s 3.

And if that isn’t clear enough let’s not forget Walker’s 95 YARD TD and someone that clearly has the ability to pop off long runs as there were a couple carries last night I thought he was about to break free. He just is clearly a special runner. CBS is good too but he should be in role of backup to Walker to spell him and not vice versa.

Walker is shit without the ball. He plays when he cleans that up.

This is a bit strong, but this is what is holding him back (which is understandable for a true freshman). Right now CBS brings more flexibility and consistency to the position. He’s our best pass blocker by far and isn’t bad running the ball. It’s just that carney makes his own hole and walker has incredible vision.

CBS looked great catching the ball out of the backfield. I think he could be an effective slot receiver in certain situations if Hinton is going to miss more time.

I would like to see both of them in the backfield at the same time, especially if Hinton is out for awhile. CBS does a good job cat hing the ball and is not afraid to pick up a blitz

I would like to see both of them in the backfield at the same time, especially if Hinton is out for awhile. CBS does a good job cat hing the ball and is not afraid to pick up a blitz

Completely agree. Especially on 3rd down and short to mid yards. Still threat of run to hold LBs and then allowing cbs to fan out for a screen or a short dump to Walker or any other WR that might be open. Just lots of options to keep Ds on their toes vs a bull rush by Jamie and our RB which has few options when clear we aren’t looking to pass.

CBS looked great catching the ball out of the backfield. I think he could be an effective slot receiver in certain situations if Hinton is going to miss more time.

I agree. CBS needs the ball in space. Given his size and speed, flanker would seem ideal for him.

Back