• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No mercy.

Wakeforest22890

Snowpom
Reaction score
Probably didn’t need its own thread but it is what it is. No mercy Clawson. Wreck the goats.

It would be great if Clawson had that mentality. Unfortunately he has proven consistently that we will go conservative with a lead no matter how many times that turns out poorly. I love Clawson and what he has done for our program but this easily should have been a 35-10 type game and instead we were sweating a possible loss.

Provide other examples

The examples that come to mind are all Grobe.

But this was disappointing. After trying one deep on the first play after halftime, we packed it in -- but not all the way in terms of clock management until very late.

Remember all those teams that had big leads but kept playing aggressive and had a bunch of turnovers in the 2nd half and lost? Me neither.

A win is a win and Howell is solid. We are lucky it took him a while to find a rhythm. But I don't understand why we went away from the aggressive playcalling in second half. Had we lost this game, this would have been a much bigger issue. Either way, learn from it and keep winning.

Remember all those teams that had big leads but kept playing aggressive and had a bunch of turnovers in the 2nd half and lost? Me neither.

This. I'd love to see some examples of what coaches are so scared of.

I’ve decided it must be something inherent to Wake Forest, because Grobe always did the same damn thing. Still feels good to beat Carolina, even if we did let them back in it.

A win is a win and Howell is solid. We are lucky it took him a while to find a rhythm. But I don't understand why we went away from the aggressive playcalling in second half. Had we lost this game, this would have been a much bigger issue. Either way, learn from it and keep winning.

Howell is so incredibly unsolid that he got pulled from an important game midway in the second quarter after amassing a whopping 15 total yards and being sacked 3 times.

This instead was an epic Loboesque bed wetting of a play calling wuss fest by our OC and Clawson.

Thank god for our defense. Agree about keep winning...BC losing at home to Kansas, who last week lost at home to Coastal Carolina. We can keep rolling after ELON.

This game was eerily similar to the FSU game two years ago. Fortunately, we had a bigger lead and defense played better, so we got the W. But, just way too conservative in the 2nd half.

We went for the kill in the first half on the 4th and 2 from the 6 up 21-0 and failed. After that we called offensive plays like a bunch of pansies. We had the ball with about 1:30 left in the first half with a time out and sat on it too. The entire third quarter was run, run, run punt. I think we could have put 35 or more up had we just continued to play our normal style. We clearly showed that we could move the ball almost at will with that 6 minute 4th qtr drive. But a win is a win. Happy to be 3-0.

Back