• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mit Shah/Ben Sutton/Bob McCreary

I wish some of you would spend half as much energy into supporting the teams, as you do going after the donors and former Athletic Director.

Yeah, good thing I've never spent any energy supporting the teams!

It's their money. I just think it's wasted if the goal is a winning program in the near term. If that's not the goal of said donors, so be it, but I don't really feel "pride" in a basketball practice facility that few will ever even set foot in.

They are giving their monies so that we can have great facilities for ALL of our programs and attract great student-athletes from now on. How can you find any negative for what they are doing for Wake Forest athletics?

In this current state of college athletics at high level, great facilities are one component of success and more and more, a necessary one. But not enough. Excellent stewardship and use of the facilities is another aspect. The people in the buildings are probably the most important part. Because of Wake's small base of support, the contributions to facilities from the big dogs - McCreary, Sutton, Shah and Miller - are vital to Wake having first class facilities. It is up to others to insure that the users of those facilities are as good as the facilities.

For basketball, the facilities are now fully in place. It is up to current management at Wake to insure that those who occupy and use the facilities are equally top notch.

Fuck off bitching about Manning on this thread. If you were donating 15 million, wouldn’t you want it to get your name on a building than pay off bad contract negotiated by Wellman? These facilities have already paid huge dividends in football recruiting just by showing the plans to the recruits. No way we get Greene without Sutton and Mcreary buildings.

Fuck off bitching about Manning on this thread. If you were donating 15 million, wouldn’t you want it to get your name on a building than pay off bad contract negotiated by Wellman? These facilities have already paid huge dividends in football recruiting just by showing the plans to the recruits. No way we get Greene without Sutton and Mcreary buildings.

And 0.0% chance we keep Clawson without them...

Not derailing thread but these donors and WF need more spectators paying the prices.
The fan and tailgating experience must improve especially in a Carolina town and state.

Last edited:
My position on the need for a new basketball stadium has been no secret. That's why I love these facilities. They are a true investment in our future. Had we spent 125 million trying to overhaul the Joel, I would be furious.

We are now in a position to make the right decision finally after 65 years on a true home court advantage. These facilities will only support that.

In this current state of college athletics at high level, great facilities are one component of success and more and more, a necessary one. But not enough. Excellent stewardship and use of the facilities is another aspect. The people in the buildings are probably the most important part. Because of Wake's small base of support, the contributions to facilities from the big dogs - McCreary, Sutton, Shah and Miller - are vital to Wake having first class facilities. It is up to others to insure that the users of those facilities are as good as the facilities.

For basketball, the facilities are now fully in place. It is up to current management at Wake to insure that those who occupy and use the facilities are equally top notch.

Exactly!

Not derailing thread but these donors and WF need more spectators paying the prices.
The fan and tailgating experience must improve especially in a Carolina town and state.

What’s wrong with the tailgating experience?

Back