• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miles Dorn: WFU Has No Football Culture

UNC has never lost a game in program history. They have only beaten themselves.

You are absolutely right. They have only beaten themselves . . . . Or they have been cheated out of a win by the referees. But they have never lost.

What was UNC's record last season? What was UNC predicted to finish in the ACC this season?

Those poor guys. So hard to get up for a team that smacked them in the mouth. I must have forgotten about all the tradition and pageantry surrounding UNC football. One of us has won the ACC championship in football.. And one of us has not. So take your BS excuses and and big fat L and head back to UNC

We have won it more recently, but the Holes have five ACC football championships to our two.

UNC has never won The ACC Championship Game.

That's true, but all champions count the same in the record books, whether there was a championship game or not. We won the 1970 ACC championship with a conference record of 5-1, beating the Holes by a score of 14-13 in Groves Stadium to seal the deal, and that carries the same weight as two division winners (including former Big East teams) playing today in a 2/3 full Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte. (Or a less than half full stadium in Jacksonville when we beat Ga Tech 6-3 in the rain.)

http://www.deaconclub.com/donor-spotlights/1970-acc-championship-football-team/

Last edited:
If we had beaten them by 50, it would have been the same. Go back to sleep. Sleep through class. Sleep through the App game. Blame it on the phase of the moon. The win was great for us. It will have no effect on them because.....(place excuse right here)

That's true, but all champions count the same in the record books, whether there was a championship game or not. We won the 1970 ACC championship with a conference record of 5-1, beating the Holes by a score of 14-13 in Groves Stadium to seal the deal, and that carries the same weight as two division winners (including former Big East teams) playing today in a 2/3 full Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte. (Or a less than half full stadium in Jacksonville when we beat Ga Tech 6-3 in the rain.)

http://www.deaconclub.com/donor-spotlights/1970-acc-championship-football-team/

Thanks for the link. Actually, we beat NCSU 16-13 to close out the ACC schedule. The Carolina victory you mentioned was three weeks earlier and the sixth straight win against them. Also beat Duke that year 28-14. Seven of the eleven games were on the road. OOC foes were Nebraska, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Tennessee and Houston. That team has never received the recognition it deserved but it was a joy to experience.

I'd say this idiot was speaking for himself more than the team. UNC's sideline was pretty animated through most of the game. Even down 21 I was surprised how many players and coaches were still clapping and staying positive.

Sounds like this guy is a bad teammate and a poor senior leader.

ill say it again...players reflect their coaches. with multiple scenarios similar to this from this past week, how great of a leader is Mack? or is he just a whiny bitch?

ill say it again...players reflect their coaches. with multiple scenarios similar to this from this past week, how great of a leader is Mack? or is he just a whiny bitch?

I think Mack probably preached to his team how a program like UNC should never lose to a program like Wake, just as he probably did during his first tenure at UNC.

I find it exceedingly humorous that this clown is talking about football culture while his school is in the midst of an 8 game losing streak to in-state FBS opponents.

Back