• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sports Bar Winston

Brangus

Reaction score
Best bar in Winston to watch a game? Besides foothills?

In my day it was TOG (Tavern On the Green). Is that still around??

Bumping this I’d like to go somewhere to watch the early NCAA tournament games tomorrow and late afternoon games before the baseball game on Friday (weather permitting) - anything new in town? 99% sure I’ll do Putters for Friday.

it's outside of town but I've been wanting a chance to check this place out since they started doing coaches shows there

I’ll have a rental car, so driving out somewhere would be fine, but it doesn’t look like they have food and don’t open until 4 on weekdays (perhaps they might open early for the tournament?).

I’ll have a rental car, so driving out somewhere would be fine, but it doesn’t look like they have food and don’t open until 4 on weekdays (perhaps they might open early for the tournament?).
They are in the process of building a kitchen to offer food. Last I heard was "sometime in spring". You CAN bring food from the restaurants above it.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Fiddlin Fish is a good spot. Little Richards on Stratford ("Bar 'n Cue") has a good tv setup too, both bar area and dining area.

It's okay, feels a little garagey to me, and no kitchen sucks.

A few months back rumor was a sports bar chain was in negotiation for the spot next to Incendiary and Cugino.
Would be great. So what is there now? Is it where the Chocolate Factory once was?

Bumping this I’d like to go somewhere to watch the early NCAA tournament games tomorrow and late afternoon games before the baseball game on Friday (weather permitting) - anything new in town? 99% sure I’ll do Putters for Friday.

Winston is really baren drinking wise before 4pm unless you’re doing a restaurant, after 4 all the bars and breweries open up and I think the best option is fiddlin'.

If before 4 Id’ say your "best" options are: foothills, Quiet Pint, Hungry Palate, Small Batch, Campus Gas, VT, Waldo's, then the normal chains that are everywhere. Food will vary by location, but all are open before 4 and serve cold beer.

Back