• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Red Shirt Question

Deac65

Joe Amonett
Reaction score
I understand you can play four games and retain your red shirt. My question is does that apply to all games or regular season games. In other words if you have played four regular games, can you play post season(bowl games) and still retain your redshirt? Thanks in advance for the answer.

I understand you can play four games and retain your red shirt. My question is does that apply to all games or regular season games. In other words if you have played four regular games, can you play post season(bowl games) and still retain your redshirt? Thanks in advance for the answer.

All games.

Isn’t it nice that we are concerned with questions like this? It is!!

If I remember correctly, last year Conor had a short list of true freshmen who couldn’t play against Memphis without losing their redshirt.

If I remember correctly, last year Conor had a short list of true freshmen who couldn’t play against Memphis without losing their redshirt.

There were some frosh that didn't play because they had already been in four games. Would have been nice to be able to get them into the first of their five bowl games.

Who will be the first Wake players to play in five bowl games?

Do transfers also have the option of 4 games played? Not that it is much of an issue at Wake.

I think we expect to get a medical (redshirt?) for DT Fox that transferred in this year.

I think we expect to get a medical (redshirt?) for DT Fox that transferred in this year.

Yes, Fox should get a sixth year of eligibility because of when the injury happened and him missing all year. But the final answer won't happen until after the season.

Back