• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN Week 3 Bowl Projections

lovemydeacs

Reaction score
Belk Bowl
Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina
Dec. 31, noon, ESPN

Bonagura: Auburn vs. Wake Forest
Schlabach: NC State vs. Mississippi State

Citrus Bowl
Camping World Stadium, Orlando, Florida
Jan. 1, 1 p.m., ABC

Bonagura: Florida vs. Penn State
Schlabach: Auburn vs. Wake Forest

Guess we're playing Auburn. ;)

Florida Bowl game would be amazing. I’m always in Florida for Xmas through New Year’s, so it’s realistically my only opportunity to attend a bowl game.

Belk Bowl
Dec. 31, noon, ESPN

Citrus Bowl
Jan. 1, 1 p.m., ABC

Wake was only played in one New Year's Day bowl game- 1949 Dixie Bowl.

I’ll gladly take either of these.

Belk Bowl
Dec. 31, noon, ESPN

Citrus Bowl
Jan. 1, 1 p.m., ABC

Read this thing way too quick: first reaction was, what in the hell is the Bonagura Bowl?

With the current college football landscape, getting to the Citrus Bowl would be almost as big for us as getting to the Orange Bowl. Way too early to be talking about any of that stuff of course, but nice to think about.

Agreed. Would guarantee a great matchup too.

We're not going to the Belk Bowl again this soon. Should be obvious. Also, Wake plays against Notre Dame in Charlotte in September 2020.

And if Auburn winds up in the Belk Bowl they will have fallen from #8 in the nation to 7-5, which is actually possible.

South Carolina went last year before playing UNC in Charlotte this year.

Belk Bowl
Dec. 31, noon, ESPN

Citrus Bowl
Jan. 1, 1 p.m., ABC

A New Years Day bowl game in Florida would be awesome!

If Clemson makes the CFP, the Orange Bowl has to take another ACC team, and it can't be pseudo-member Notre Dame. Gonna be a wide open race -- we certainly have a shot!

If Clemson makes the CFP, the Orange Bowl has to take another ACC team. Gonna be a wide open race -- we certainly have a shot!

Most likely option would be the team destroyed by Clemson in the ACC title game. But if that is an 8-5 team, and Wake is 11-1 with a closer loss to Clemson, Orange Bowl folks might have cause to pause

It's determined by the CFP rankings, so the Orange Bowl wouldn't be choosing. In that scenario it would absolutely by Wake

Most likely option would be the team destroyed by Clemson in the ACC title game. But if that is an 8-5 team, and Wake is 11-1 with a closer loss to Clemson, Orange Bowl folks might have cause to pause

Wake has proven that we can bring a lot of fans to the Orange Bowl.
We’ve done it once. We can do it again.

With the current college football landscape, getting to the Citrus Bowl would be almost as big for us as getting to the Orange Bowl. Way too early to be talking about any of that stuff of course, but nice to think about.

True but right now we are the 3rd best team in the ACC so they have to put us in these places when doing these "way too early" bowl projections. I would even like the Chick-fil-a

There are going to be a lot of crappy bigger name programs at 6-6 and 7-5. Get to 9-3 or better and we can't be jumped by them, or at least I think that's still the rule.

There are going to be a lot of crappy bigger name programs at 6-6 and 7-5. Get to 9-3 or better and we can't be jumped by them, or at least I think that's still the rule.

I like the (implied) projection that the Louisville - FSU game will be for a berth in the Quick Lane Bowl.

Too early for all this hype. Just win one week at a time. Certainly hope the guys don't overlook Elon and lay an egg.

Back