• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

With our loss to NCSU and UNCG's road win over Radford, UNCG is now ahead of us in KP.

And they have a home game against NCSU this weekend.

I wholeheartedly expect UNCG to beat the Wolfpack, making Wes Miller even more likely to fulfill his destiny of becoming our next savior in a few short months.

With our loss to NCSU and UNCG's road win over Radford, UNCG is now ahead of us in KP.

And they have a home game against NCSU this weekend.

I wholeheartedly expect UNCG to beat the Wolfpack, making Wes Miller even more likely to fulfill his destiny of becoming our next savior in a few short months.

I think the time for UNCG to beat the Pack was early in the year, when they had guys hurt and suspended. Feel like NC State is a play-on team right now. FWIW, had some success taking UNCG against the Apps and G'town, but the line is going to be small, and I think State wins. They can score with anyone.

Plus, the game is played at the G'boro Coliseum, the Pack will have the vast majority of the crowd even if its considered a road game for UNCG.

Last edited:
We gave the advanced stats a lot of mockery last year, but maybe we should give Pat Chambers a better look as Manning's replacement.
Or at least more serious consideration.

When we hired Danny, Beard had coached at McMurry and Angelo State for one year each. I seriously doubt anyone here had any idea who he was when hired Danny.
I think he means last year's results in regards to Beard.
Of course, by the end of the season, everyone in the country knew.
So, he's just being stupid.
One would think you'd know what that is and recognize it, RJ.

You'd be surprised at what some have said here.

I think ATS is a bit confused.

We gave the advanced stats a lot of mockery last year, but maybe we should give Pat Chambers a better look as Manning's replacement.
Or at least more serious consideration.

Why would he leave for Wake?

PSU over #4 Twerps.

#1 Lewisville down late against TxTech.

Yeah, was turning back and forth between those 2 games. The quality of college hoops is way down from what it was a year ago. UMd is #4. I've seen them 3 times now and have yet to be impressed. And the ACC in particular is down. Despite last night, I think Lville will hang as a top 5 team all season. Duke and UVA are significantly down from the lofty perches they had last year. UNC blows based their last 2 games. I think FSU and VT will be up and down but competitive, maybe State too. And the rest of the conference is just awful.

Wayland Baptist Guard JJ Culver got 100 last night.

"He was 34-for-62 from the field, including 12-for-33 from 3-point range, and 20-for-27 from the free throw line."

Danny would have only let him play 28 minutes.

Think State is going to be a surprise team. They are deep, big and can score. They were disappointing last year, and lost to GT at home to open the season with Johnson and Funderburk out, which further caused everyone to dismiss them, but with a lot ordinary teams in the league, I can see State making some noise.

Also, VT has fallen back to earth after an amazing start. They have lost their last 3 games by 27 to Dayton, 13 to BYU and 14 at home to Duke. Young looks like a solid coach, but they are almost the least experienced team in the country (4 freshman in their top 6 in minutes, and none of them were big time recruits), they are small and not deep. They are competitive because Young has a clue and they play hard, but think there is a good chance that VT finishes close to where they were projected (bottom half of the ACC) to when the season started.

Think State is going to be a surprise team. They are deep, big and can score. They were disappointing last year, and lost to GT at home to open the season with Johnson and Funderburk out, which further caused everyone to dismiss them, but with a lot ordinary teams in the league, I can see State making some noise.

Also, VT has fallen back to earth after an amazing start. They have lost their last 3 games by 27 to Dayton, 13 to BYU and 14 at home to Duke. Young looks like a solid coach, but they are almost the least experienced team in the country (4 freshman in their top 6 in minutes, and none of them were big time recruits), they are small and not deep. They are competitive because Young has a clue and they play hard, but think there is a good chance that VT finishes close to where they were projected (bottom half of the ACC) to when the season started.

Agree with both of these ideas.

After UNCG beats NCSU, of course.

State's lack of defense is going to keep them from being really good, I think. But the ACC is pretty meh this year, so I think they can be in that 2nd tier (above .500 in confererence).

Why would he leave for Wake?
Hell Ph. You got me on that one. Lol

I was just saying and thinking that maybe we should reconsider our previous dismissal of Chambers as a candidate to look at.
Why he'd want to come and rebuild this disaster is beyond me.

State beats UNCG on a buzzer beater heave from past halfcourt.

This is the 2nd time this year that UNCG has lost a game on a
buzzer beater heave from past halfcourt.

Back