• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

4 unbeatens left (pretty much a function of not playing anyone):

#17 Auburn (best win: #69 Richmond)
#32 SD State (best win: #21 Iowa)
#60 Duquesne (best win: #118 Indiana State)
#71 Liberty (best win: #129 Vandy)

Auburn will be favored in every game they play until January 18 at Florida. NC State plays at Auburn this Thursday. State could pull the upset.

Let me ... get this straight. UNC pulled out all the stops to beat - Wofford. And still lost??? This breaks the comedy scale! This is a great day to be an American

Couldn't happen to a better team. :bowrofl:

Current ACC Projected Standings:

L'ville 16-4
Duke 16-4
UVA 14-6
FSU 12-8
State 11-9
UNC 11-9
Cuse 10-10
VT 10-10
Pitt 9-11
ND 8-12
GT 7-13
Miami 7-13
BC 6-14
Clemson 6-14
WF 6-14

Think that State will win more than 11, UNC will win less than 11 and VT will win less than 10. Cuse is also terrible, and don't see them winning 10 ACC games.

This is as bad as I can ever remember the ACC. Wouldn't be shocked if only 5 ACC teams make the NCAA tournament. UVA's high game for the season is 65, and they haven't made it to 50 3 times, and they are the 3rd best team in the conference (by way of comparison, UVA could score last year; they scored over 75 13 times, and never scored less than 50).

Last edited:
Let me ... get this straight. UNC pulled out all the stops to beat - Wofford. And still lost??? This breaks the comedy scale! This is a great day to be an American

on the flip side, two different Wofford coaches have gone into Chapel Hill and beaten the Heels since we hired Danny Manning, who is winless against them home and away

Current ACC Projected Standings:

L'ville 16-4
Duke 16-4
UVA 14-6
FSU 12-8
State 11-9
UNC 11-9
Cuse 10-10
VT 10-10
Pitt 9-11
ND 8-12
GT 7-13
Miami 7-13
BC 6-14
Clemson 6-14
WF 6-14

Think that State will win more than 11, UNC will win less than 11 and VT will win less than 10. Cuse is also terrible, and don't see them winning 10 ACC games.

This is as bad as I can ever remember the ACC. Wouldn't be shocked if only 5 ACC teams make the NCAA tournament. UVA's high game for the season is 65, and they haven't made it to 50 3 times, and they are the 3rd best team in the conference (by way of comparison, UVA could score last year; they scored over 75 13 times, and never scored less than 50).

It's not just the ACC. It's all of college ball - just an off year due to attrition and whatever else. Agree on State and UNC. The Heels are atrocious right about now. But I see VT having a winning record in conference. First because the conference is down. Second, even though they'll lose games against lesser opponents due to off shooting nights, they're well coached and better than 9 other teams. I see them right behind FSU and State. As for UVA, this is definitely their worst team in terms of total talent since Tony's 1st 2 years when he inherited a pretty barren cupboard. In addition to lacking scorers, what they're really missing is someone who can create late in the shot clock with the ball in his hands like Jerome used to do. Clark is not that man.

Imagine being a Wofford fan who works with a Clemson fan who cares about basketball. "We beat Carolina at two different home arenas and y'all can't beat them at one."

Saw a rumor on Facebook that Cole Anthony had surgery today which means he's out for the season

Saw a rumor on Facebook that Cole Anthony had surgery today which means he's out for the season

Ouch if true. In Roy's 23 years as a head coach, including 16 at UNC, his fewest wins was a 19-11 in his first year in 2004. The only year that UNC didn't make the tourney under Roy came in 2010, when UNC received an NIT invite after finishing the regular season and ACC tourney at 16-16 (5-11 in the ACC). UNC then advanced to the NIT finals winning 4 games to finish 20-17. Without Anthony, possible this team could be Roy's worst ever. They play at Gonzaga on Wednesday, and will get worked. UNC then travels to Vegas to play a bad UCLA team, and then returns home to play a solid Yale team. If UNC heads into ACC play at 7-6 (they are 6-4 now), hard to see the Heels staying above .500.

First, it was Harry Giles at Duke.

Now it could be Cole Anthony at UNC.

If you’re an elite high school player that expresses an interest in Wake Forest, and then decides to join the dark side, this is what happens.

Let that be the narrative.

Then they’ll just stop teasing Wake.

I heard form a good source that Anthony will be out until the 1st of January after Meniscus surgery

I heard form a good source that Anthony will be out until the 1st of January after Meniscus surgery

Trust me on this one, two weeks would be extraordinarily aggressive for most players, especially one with Anthony's future. Minimally invasive is still invasive.

I don't see UNC making the tourney even with Anthony back. They've looked like crap each time I've seen them. On O, they stand around and watch Anthony try to create something, and they play atrocious D (which is not necessarily atypical of a Roy coached team).

I don't see UNC making the tourney even with Anthony back. They've looked like crap each time I've seen them. On O, they stand around and watch Anthony try to create something, and they play atrocious D (which is not necessarily atypical of a Roy coached team).

Agreed. Roy likes to play fast, up-tempo and score lots of points. Even with Anthony the bulk of this team is slow, unathletic, and can't shoot. The two grad transfers have been busts thus far, other than Anthony they have no consistent outside scoring, and they have no chemistry. Even with Anthony they're a marginal NCAA Tourney team at best. Without him they probably have no chance. We'll get to hear Roy crying about it all season, though.

It is nice when UNC is down. Don't have to hear all the Walmart fans run their mouth.

Anthony out 4-6 weeks after meniscus surgery.

Clemson could win in Chapel hill on 1/11 and win the CFB NC on 1/13.

Back