• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

Cole Anthony had 29 in the UNC/Nova scrimmage over the weekend. Nova frosh Justin Moore had 39!

Duke struggled in an exhibition against NW Missouri State, winning by 5. Frosh Matthew Hurt had 17; Trey Jones 18.

Not new, but KP posted a blog entry back in July about the most impactful stat from the 1H box score of a tied conference game on the ultimate outcome of the game.

Aside from the obvious, which is that the home team wins most of those games, it’s the team with the worst 3-point percentage in the first half that is more likely to win.

https://kenpom.com/blog/about-the-basketball-gods/#more-2044

Games of interest tonight:

Mich. State v. KY
KS v. Duke
L'ville v. Miami
VT v. Clemson
GT v. State

Fun fact that brings me joy:
ACC Regular-Season Champions over last 9 years:

North Carolina: 5 (4 outright)
Virginia: 4 (3 outright)
Miami: 1

Duke’s last ACC regular-season championship came a decade ago — when it shared the title with Maryland.

Citation to Jeff Goodman's twitter: https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1191351771370835969

To be clear, UNC's 1st place finishes bring no joy, but the fact that Duke has not finished first in a decade does.

Bored

Maybe I'm just jaded by the revolving door of players leaving early, or because Wake sucks and I'm just tired of it all, I don't know, but I'm really struggling to get excited about this college hoops season. Probably couldn't name more than a handful of other ACC players right now. Yikes.

Watched a few minutes of the Dook Kansas game-just can't get worked up about college basketball anymore. I remember last year was how Hoard would do in some mock draft....YAWN>

KU with 18 turnovers in the first half against Duke and only down 33-30. We'd be down 26 if we did that.

Neither of these teams are very good right now.

I mean, I have no other teams to compare them to, but Duke does not look like a top 5 team.

So it's going to take Mike Young one game in the ACC to do something that Manning still hasn't done going into year 6

Neither of these teams are very good right now.

I mean, I have no other teams to compare them to, but Duke does not look like a top 5 team.

Looks like this is a Duke team that is going to have to rely on its defense. I mean, it is the first game, but their offense doesn't look very good.

Understandable when you turn over 80% of your minutes every year.

So it's going to take Mike Young one game in the ACC to do something that Manning still hasn't done going into year 6

People on here said Mike Young was a bad hire. He would have been a great fit at Wake.

Nate Oats down 2 with 3 to play to Penn in his Alabama debut.

On ESPN this am Jay Bilas has Wake ranked at 59 in his top 67 pre games tonight, ahead of VT, Clemson, Miami and GT. VT won at Clemson 67-60 tonite, L-ville beat Miami 87-74, and GT is in a tight game at State right now. I hope the Deacs will prove him right for at least 1 game. Not saying it is likely. What It actually tells me is that Bilas doesn't think the league is strong this season. Guess we'll find out in about 8 weeks.

Back