• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

Georgetown is excited about having Omer Yurtseven, formerly of NC State, as an eligible player this year. They expect big things (literally and figuratively) from him this season.

I imagine Keats wishes he still had him.

If he isn't injured, new school for Christmas.

Last year he sat out the season's first 26 games, Duke burned his shirt with five regular season games left plus the postseason, and then they proceeded to play him a grand total of 18 minutes the rest of the season. Nice guy, that Coach K.

Baylor could be really good this year. Oregon and Washington too. Don't feel any affinity for those 3, but at least it would be different than the regular rotation of dominant teams.

That said, a couple of years ago, no one would've believed a UVA/Texas Tech NCAA final.

Also, I think the ESPN hype machine leads the public to think Kentucky and Duke have been better than they have been in recent years. Neither Duke and KY have had a Final 4 appearance since 2015 (5 seasons ago), and KY hasn't won a title since 2012. As mentioned yesterday, Duke hasn't finished first in the ACC regular season in 10 years. Given the coverage and praise each program gets, you would think Duke and Kentucky have had a recent run like Clemson and Bama in football, and that's far from accurate.

This is the most depth we’ve had in five years or so. And we get our best player back from last year that missed most of the season (although I think our best player will be our PG this year). Should be a fun year, but Kansas will be hard to knock off.

That was Talen Horton-Tucker, who went to Iowa State and is now in the league (he wasn't even ranked in the top 100 from what I remember).

Nolley was recruited by Illinois, though.

My #feeling is the talent in college basketball kinda sucks this year.

Could make for a weird NBA offseason. No major stud college talents and weak free agent class.

Forgot Chris Herren started his career at BC. Glad he got his life together.

UVA loses 3 to the NBA, they recruit on a modest level and they just dominate you. Taking CUSE apart on the road.

48-34? Is that a real score or did they mix up it up with a football game?

I fully admit to paying little to no attention to Wake BB in the last 5 years or so....but why are so many ACC teams playing each other to start the year? Isn't that pretty unusual?

The ACC schedule has 20 games and they want to promote ACCN. Notice how last night the good games were on there and the trash games were on ESPNU.

Sad thing is the ACC looks terribly down this year and we can't do a stinking thing about it! :mad:

The ACC in both football and basketball this year is the worst it’s been in a good 10-plus years.

Memphis freshman James Weisman ruled ineligible to play. Penny hardaway helped his family move to Memphis last year and is deemed a booster. Color me shocked.

Seems like as straight forward a violation as you’ll get. Even if you dislike the NCAA why should this be allowed?

Penny pays for the family to move to Memphis so he can play for Penny’s youth team and go to the high school where Penny coached. Penny then becomes Memphis head coach and a few months later Wiseman commits.

Seems exactly what you don’t want to happen from boosters - which Penny clearly is given his donations and that he attended Memphis in the first place.

Hell it very well could have factored into why Memphis hired Penny as head coach given his known connections to a top recruit.

Seems open and shut sans NCAA previously saying that he was fine to play. That seems like the biggest issue here.

Back