• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

Richmond looked good in beating Vandy last night. Their coach may be working his way back onto Currie's list to replace Manning. Oh, who am I kidding - there's no such list.

Richmond looked good in beating Vandy last night. Their coach may be working his way back onto Currie's list to replace Manning. Oh, who am I kidding - there's no such list.

Looks can be deceiving; Richmond's two win are less than impressive. Vandy is terrible and Stackhouse is learning his way. Richmond was favored by 6 and was lucky to win in OT. Richmond has started the year with two home games against bad opponents and struggled in both games (needed OT to win each). They are one of the worst defensive teams in college hoop. Most Richmond fans wanted Mooney gone after last years debacle (13-20; 6-12 in the middling A10).

Looks can be deceiving; Richmond's two win are less than impressive. Vandy is terrible and Stackhouse is learning his way. Richmond was favored by 6 and was lucky to win in OT. Richmond has started the year with two home games against bad opponents and struggled in both games (needed OT to win each). They are one of the worst defensive teams in college hoop. Most Richmond fans wanted Mooney gone after last years debacle (13-20; 6-12 in the middling A10).

Can't play defense, struggle against bad teams. That sounds familiar. Actually U of R is only 6 places behind UNCG in the Kenpom rankings so they must be a hidden powerhouse.

Last edited:
Can't play defense, struggle against bad teams. That sounds familiar. Actually U of R is only 6 places behind UNCG in the Kenpom rankings so they must be a hidden powerhouse.

A KenPom ranking better than that of UNCG and $3.00+ will get you coffee at Starbucks.

It was pretty close for a little bit, but I guess they’re starting to pull away. Would have been hilarious if Gardner Webb would have pulled the upset on the Tarholes.

That’s basically the same margin they had the whole game.

Belmont put 100 on BC. Good win for them 100-85.

...to Montana State.

Nice work, Wes.

Keep an eye out for UVM this year.

Won at St. Bonaventure, Bucknell, and St. John's and home against Boston U. Next game is at UVA on Tuesday. They also play Cincy and the fightin' Wes Millers this season.

It was pretty close for a little bit, but I guess they’re starting to pull away. Would have been hilarious if Gardner Webb would have pulled the upset on the Tarholes.

Kind of like it was hilarious when Gardner Webb beat us last year? Except that was not an upset.

That’s basically the same margin they had the whole game.

Well no, they did not go ahead by double digits until 9 minutes to go in the half and they led by 14 at halftime. 2nd half you would be correct

Back