• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

Kansas suspended DeSousa, but the video, #33 McCormack really looks like the aggressor.

They've got (or had) some legit studs in the paint...and we have 1 dude, Sarr.

Bill Self runs right into the middle of it to grab his guys (don't get suspended you idiot); while Bruce Weber is like...I am staying over here on the court out of that melee...lol.

Who is the dude in the black shirt and white pants that comes off the K State bench and ends up getting tackled in the handicap section?

Injured K-State player. DON'T QUIT, GET HIT

UNC loses 6 straight in the ACC for the first time ever. Glad I stayed up for that.

Why is Cole Anthony even going to bother coming back? To lead them to an NIT bid?

UNC loses 6 straight in the ACC for the first time ever. Glad I stayed up for that.

This UNC team and Ol' Roy are setting all kinds of UNC records this season, and not in a good way. If nothing else, this season is making it obvious that Roy Williams is a mediocre, at best, in-game coach. He's always been, but UNC's usual advantages of talent and their ability to adapt to his system have masked it for the most part. Not this year. LOL.

Last edited:
Current ACC Projected Standings:

Duke 16-4
L'ville 16-4
FSU 15-5
State 11-9
Cuse 11-9
VT 11-9
UVA 10-10
Clemson 9-11
ND 9-11
Pitt 9-11
GT 8-10
Miami 7-13
BC 6-14
WF 6-14
UNC 6-14

If the season played out as projected, the ACC might just get 3 bids, but would not get more than 5.

Also, play in Tuesday would go like this:

Miami (#12) v. WF/UNC/BC (#13)
Clemson/ND/Pitt (#10) v. WF/UNC/BC (#15)
GT (#11) v. WF/UNC/BC (#14)

Under Manning, WF has managed to play on ACC Tourney Tuesday all five years that he has led our Deacs. WF is 1-4 on play-in Tuesday, even though WF has always played another terrible team. Not a lot of suspense for WF fans in the ACC tournament in recent years. Always nice to have the rest of the week free before the NCAA Tournament starts.

WF has been the first team knocked out in 2016 and 2019. Maybe, Coach can hit the trifecta on his way out.

Last edited:
A “deep” run in the ACC Tourney is not something I’d like to see this year.

Get it over with.

I’d hate if we managed a couple of shitty wins, got to the quarterfinals, and fueled any kind of argument that Manning finished strong.

Lose on day one, leave him in his “hometown” of Greensboro, and give his seat on the bus to Wes for the ride home (not really).

Prediction of 6 wins in conference seems generous. That would mean we'd have to win all the remaining toss up games at home which are Clemson, UNC, GT, and ND. Highly unlikely, and I think that we can count on Mannequin losing the rest of the road games.

ACC will probably get more than 3. State, Tech and UVA all did fine OOC and have good chances if they have a conference winning record. The Cuse would need a bit more because of their worse Nov-Dec, but they may be playing the best of those mid tier teams at the moment. Still the most pitiful ACC and college hoops in memory, and this after what was 1 of the best years in college hoops in recent years last year.

And FWIW, I do take issue with the comment about Guy and Jerome being defensive liabilities from the last page. Guy was a defensive liability his freshman year and came in weighing like 160-70 pounds (and wearing a manbun). But he got stronger and was pretty good on D his last 2 years and was a really good rebounder for his size. Jerome was always tough and probably by far led UVA in deflections the last couple of years. They were both way superior to Stattman and Woldetensae, and while Clark provides good pressure on the ball, his problem is good shooting PGs tend to just shoot over him with ease. This UVA team is not just challenged offensively - it's not nearly as good on D as it has been the last 6-7 years.

UNC looking to move up in the ACC standings today.

Illinois is atop the Big Ten and Ayo had a career high 27 today in a win over Michigan.

Ayo made a good decision. Illinois made a good decision hiring Underwood.

And we still suck.

Back