• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

How is it that UNC has lost three of its last four games at the last second and the only one of those that was a beat down was to the fighting Danny Mannings?! Sounds like a great argument for an extension!!

ERBUpaPWAAAukoj

2020 UNC basketball in one picture.

When the last second 3 went through the basket for ND my wife and I just looked at each other and busted out laughing.

Illinois playing at Penn State on FS1. They have both coaches miked constantly and are going live to the huddle during timeouts instead of to commercial. It’s very cool.

Illinois playing at Penn State on FS1. They have both coaches miked constantly and are going live to the huddle during timeouts instead of to commercial. It’s very cool.

Watching, too. It seemed like they had to cut away from the Underwood camera during game action because he just sat there quietly watching and not doing or saying anything. He does seem to be pretty loose joking with the refs during breaks or when they run by. Chambers is more animated and seems like he's having to work hard to get the team motivated/on the same page. The other interesting thing is how hard it must be to focus in the huddle when the speakers are blaring during a timeout.

The more I watch, the more I'd want to see this All Access broadcast of a Wake game, though I'm guessing my neck would be sore shaking my head at the Manning-cam.

The more I watch, the more I'd want to see this All Access broadcast of a Wake game, though I'm guessing my neck would be sore shaking my head at the Manning-cam.

Wake vs UNC would be amazing. Would love to hear Roy in late game situations.

cow college playing like they want to be in the NCAAT and taking it to dook in the 1st half.

And NCState completes the dismantlement of Duke. 66-88 final. And it wasn't that close.

The same state team that lost to the worst unc team in two decades hands dook their worst loss in 7 years.

Basketball!

Yep, crazy. Give Manning credit as he does provide consistency. Wake always sucks and he makes sure things stay that way.

Saw the 2nd half after getting back from the game here. State is an enigma. But it's always fun to watch Duke get crushed. BTW, I've never particularly cared for Duke's unis, especially when they mix blue and black, but these darker blue unis with the different script is the best look they've had.

Pitt football & basketball put on probation--Stallings & Narduzzi

Pitt basketball, football placed on probation; ex-coach Kevin Stallings dealt show-cause penalty

1:28 PM ET

Tom VanHaaren
ESPN Staff Writer

Pittsburgh's men's basketball and football programs have been placed on three years' probation and former basketball coach Kevin Stallings received a three-year show-cause order as part of a series of violations announced by the Division I Committee on Infractions on Thursday.

Stallings is not referenced by name in the report, but the violations agreement -- covering a period from August 2015 to March 2018 -- said Pitt's former basketball coach instructed and allowed three non-coaching staff members to perform coaching duties, which exceeded the number of permissible coaches on staff.

Pitt had self-reported the violation prior to the NCAA launching its investigation.

"Pitt Athletics is steadfastly committed to integrity and NCAA rules compliance," athletic director Heather Lyke said in a statement Thursday. "A reflection of that strong commitment is the fact that, upon discovering these violations, we immediately provided a self-report to the NCAA and began a cooperative and thorough review. While disappointed in the violations, I am confident that our already-strong culture of compliance will help each of our programs avoid such situations in the future."

Stallings also developed an alert system to ensure the non-permissible coaches would not get caught and ordered the deletion of video to prevent Pitt administration from confirming the violations, according to the report.

Despite being warned by administrators within the athletic department, Stallings did not cease the violations and was determined that he failed to promote an atmosphere of compliance while at Pitt.

Under the show-cause order, if Stallings is hired within that time span by a member school, he must be suspended from 30% of the first season of employment.

The report also states that Pitt's former director of basketball operations produced personalized recruiting videos for 12 prospects to watch while visiting the school and later refused to participate in an enforcement interview about his involvement with the activities while on staff at Pitt.

In addition, football coach Pat Narduzzi was found to have been present at a football practice when three former quality control staff members performed coaching duties, which also exceeded the number of permissible coaches. The violation went undetected in part because the football program used a system to play music when outside parties were present at practice, triggering the quality control staffers to stay clear of the student-athletes.

Narduzzi was handed a show-cause order that will withhold him from two days of team practice in August.

"As head coach of the University of Pittsburgh football program, I am wholeheartedly committed to following NCAA rules and preventing these types of issues from happening again," Narduzzi said in a statement released by the university. "I fully recognize my responsibility in what occurred and, equally important, how those missteps will be corrected as we proceed forward."

Along with the probation and Stallings' punishment, Pitt received a $5,000 fine from the men's basketball and football budgets and a three-year show-cause order for the former director of basketball operations.

The men's basketball program will also have a reduction in the number of countable coaches by one at a regular practice for 16 hours during the 2019-20 academic year, while the football program will have a reduction of one countable coach for four days of practice, and two quality control staff members must be removed from practice for three days.

Back