• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We are #31 in AP!!!!

It's ONE poll, ONE time. If ALL the pols get the same results and get multiple times, then there's a story.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Others receiving votes: Kansas State 91, Oklahoma State 51, Army 50, Michigan State 37, Memphis 26, Wake Forest 14, BYU 12, Temple 7, Iowa State 7, Mississippi State 4, Appalachian State 2, Minnesota 1
Interesting that unc gets no votes but there next opponent, app state, gets two votes, suck it holes

Go Deacs! I think we are going to see Wake in the top 25 this year!

I like Strnard's comments about season goals. As a player, unlike a spectator, he's not looking at rankings. His goal is to achieve the best bowl opponent possible with as many wins as possible.

Although winning games against Rice, Carolina and Utah State are good accomplishments, clearly these opponents do not appear at this point to be threatening to enter the Top 20 this year and maybe not the Top 25. (Still an open question, nonetheless.) For WF to be considered by media or coaches to be a Top 25 team they'll have to win more games against historically strong programs. IF Wake has a 5-0 start then it still could go either way for a Top 25 ranking. I'm just glad the players don't seem to be concerned about rankings but are concerned about consistently playing well and winning enough to qualify for a really good bowl opponent.

If we beat Elon and BC, it would be surprising if we didn't make the Top 25.

Big bad UNC, traditional football powerhouse, giving three to App at home.

I would've been in more agreement with this if BC hadn't been embarrassed at home by Kansas.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, App State didn't "receive 2 votes." One person voted them at No. 24, for 2 points. (Chadd Cripe of the Idaho Statesman)

Absolutely, any P5 team undefeated after 5 games will be ranked no matter who they played.

Absolutely, any P5 team undefeated after 5 games will be ranked no matter who they played.

Yeah. A lot of teams have picked up some bad losses.

I would've been in more agreement with this if BC hadn't been embarrassed at home by Kansas.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, App State didn't "receive 2 votes." One person voted them at No. 24, for 2 points. (Chadd Cripe of the Idaho Statesman)

That's not as bad as it normally would be due to Les Miles coaching Kansas.

Tough stretch after the bye, but at least the first 3 are at home.

I'd kill to have Wake play Michigan State in a bowl game. I'd kill myself if we have to play Mississippi State and those damn cow bells again.

Big bad UNC, traditional football powerhouse, giving three to App at home.

1. Bet your house on the over. No chance this game is under 60 total points
2. I bet heavyyyy money goes on UNC -3.0. I just don't see App winning or keeping it close. Defense is all kinds of F'ed up at the moment. Probably something like 38-24 UNC

Let's just take it one game at a time and not look past Elon

Back