• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What do you call your Mother In Law?

Marie

Funny thing is that my wife and I, and her older brother and his wife have the same names. On Christmas, we get gifts with our middle names on them.

Your name is Marie?

First name or grandmother name. My brother's wife occasionally calls my mother "mom" and I find it to be unnerving.

giphy.gif

Call the in-laws by their first name. Never felt normal to hear ‘mom’ and ‘dad’ when referring to people who aren’t, you know, someone mom and dad.

My mother-in-law is the sweetest woman in the world and we have a great relationship. She is originally from Salisbury where there are a lot of Klutz. Well she also got tagged with Norma. Early in my 27 year marriage I switched the first two letters of her maiden name and have always called her Korma Nutz.

Korma now in a home with dementia but still chuckles every time I call her Korma. She use to tell the best dirty jokes!!

I try not to engage her at all because it typically results in an annoying conversation. She is a kind lady though.

Back