• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson's compensation

I know he just got an extention but AIR there was no mention of a healthy annual raise with it. If this link is accurate, he better have gotten AT LEAST a bump of $500,000 annually....

https://www.boydsbets.com/highest-paid-college-football-coaches/

Clawson was/is DEAD LAST in ACC pay for Head football coaches !

Wake doesn't formally release salaries. As a private institution, they don't have to. People find out but way behind via IRS filings that list salaries of highest paid employees.

Wake doesn't formally release salaries. As a private institution, they don't have to. People find out but way behind via IRS filings that list salaries of highest paid employees.

Understand but the press releases on the extension don't even vaguely reference an undisclosed salary increase. He should be making much more than 5-6 of the guys right above him.

Athletic department is still waiting on the checks from RacerDeac and PhDeac to clear before releasing $$$ information.

Athletic department is still waiting on the checks from RacerDeac and PhDeac to clear before releasing $$$ information.

Ahh, the good Colonel Anus pipes in. The AD lost a long time Gold Club membership, a number of football and basketball season tickets, extra parking passes, and guaranteed bowl game ticket purchases when it hired [Redacted] and then spit in the face of fans who dared question it. I've since found other hobbies and things to spend $$ on. Wake might earn back my $$ at some point.

Based on last year's salaries (which have gone up), $4 million per year (and realize that Clawson salary probably escalates, so that is salary in 2019 is probably less than $4 million) would put Clawson at a tie for 24th in the country. He would be tied with VT's Justin Fuente and KY's Mark Stoops, who made $4 mil last year. Based on last year's salaries, Clawson would be tied for the 4th highest paid coach in the ACC behind Dabo, Taggart, Mark Richt (this is last year's salaries; Richt was fired). With a number of coaches getting raises or new gigs in 2019, guessing that $4 million is probably in the #30 to #40 range nationally and on par with Bronco, Doeren and Babers current salaries).

I think Clawson will be Wake for a long time.

It would be on their nonprofit tax return when they disclose their highest paid employees. Of course, this would be an after the fact disclosure.

Back