• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Remember the Six Phases circa 2006 ?

HONDO2

Reaction score
The fifth phase includes a new home locker room and new field level seating and endzone suites. The sixth phase calls for a renovated tailgating lot with a new Deacon Tailgate Zone and an expanded plaza at Bridger Field House.

Have either or both locker rooms been renovated ? I believe the other 'to do' items were completed.

I swear to god, when I first saw this thread appear, I only could see the boldface header and I thought this was some spam about astrology.

I emailed and asked about those "lost" phases back at the beginning of May when the "Ask The A.D." thing came out. I asked about the seat backs in all sections except the visitors (sections 11 & 12) and students (19 & 20); moving the locker room to the west side & expanding it; and adding the permanent seats in front of Bridger. I was told "We will definitely be examining the master plan and seeing the direction we want to chart over the next year or so."

Funny - pretty sure the promotions for the 6 phases were still up in the west side bathrooms 2 years ago (still referencing Grobe)

The lingering promos for a 13 year old plan reflect conditions set by a long time AD. That will change and hopefully for the better for development of the fan base. That is where the money will come from long term. Shah to Sutton money is great but that string only runs so far.

The lingering promos for a 13 year old plan reflect conditions set by a long time AD. That will change and hopefully for the better for development of the fan base. That is where the money will come from long term. Shah to Sutton money is great but that string only runs so far.

Wake needs the deep pocket guys as discussed in multiple posts above. Life is even better when there is also a much wider base of support from those with not so deep pockets who still contribute what they can. Even better, is bringing in members of the Winston-Salem community whose only tie to Wake is it being their "hometown" university.

Wake needs the deep pocket guys as discussed in multiple posts above. Life is even better when there is also a much wider base of support from those with not so deep pockets who still contribute what they can. Even better, is bringing in members of the Winston-Salem community whose only tie to Wake is it being their "hometown" university.

Wellman drove so many previously loyal givers away and ruined the Wake sports experience of students for 10+ years. Currie will be paying for Wellman's ego and mishandling of the basketball program until the day he retires from Wake. So many lost donors or donors who never will be.

I picked up some info at the Boston cocktail party last Friday night....

Bridger locker room(s) - Clawson was asked what he wanted/needed on the renovations. He said nothing preferring that these budgeted $$ go to more improvements in on-campus practice stuff. He doesn't see the need as team spends very little actual time in those locker rooms. So other than paint, light bulbs and carpeting, nothing major.

Shah - need others to fill in the blanks but I gather the football things aren't done yet. Apparantly no new locker room. The old/existing football locker room in Pruit will get a facelift next year sometime and remain for football practice.

Staff offices - haven't seen any photos but it was stated that Clawson now has two offices in the new digs....one for hosting recruits and one for actual day to day work.

Wellman drove so many previously loyal givers away and ruined the Wake sports experience of students for 10+ years. Currie will be paying for Wellman's ego and mishandling of the basketball program until the day he retires from Wake. So many lost donors or donors who never will be.

You tell 'em, Racer!!!

I'm just surprised the Wake athletic department hasn't been forced to shut the doors and join the Southern conference after you stopped your donations in protest years ago.

Bridger locker room(s) - Clawson was asked what he wanted/needed on the renovations. He said nothing preferring that these budgeted $$ go to more improvements in on-campus practice stuff. He doesn't see the need as team spends very little actual time in those locker rooms. So other than paint, light bulbs and carpeting, nothing major.

Shah - need others to fill in the blanks but I gather the football things aren't done yet. Apparantly no new locker room. The old/existing football locker room in Pruit will get a facelift next year sometime and remain for football practice.

Staff offices - haven't seen any photos but it was stated that Clawson now has two offices in the new digs....one for hosting recruits and one for actual day to day work.

That makes sense. Smart.

You tell 'em, Racer!!!

I'm just surprised the Wake athletic department hasn't been forced to shut the doors and join the Southern conference after you stopped your donations in protest years ago.

Colonel Anus loves him some straw men!

I know very little about construction costs or management, but what do you guys think it will take to do Bridger/locker rooms/seatbacks/any other reno? $50 mil?

Here's a link to an article laying out the six phases back in '06.

Link to the article

Please, no more luxury seats or high dollar seating. Talk of box seats on Deacon Hill was unsettling. I want to be able to come to games with my family, Can’t afford it without discount seating on the hill, and I’m certain I’m not alone.

I know very little about construction costs or management, but what do you guys think it will take to do Bridger/locker rooms/seatbacks/any other reno? $50 mil?

That's it exactly.

Forgot to add that Currie was introduced to the gathering by a fellow named Charlie Jacobs....ring any bells with anyone ?

He has a frosh son at Wake even though he's a BC grad himself. And oh yea....he's the owner of the Boston Bruins !

I think we'll be hearing more about Mr. Jacobs in the years to come:dancindeac:

Back