• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake uni watch football

I'm a sucker for the shiny gold helmet, Black jersey and pants. That's my favorite, but my real favorite is the uniform that produces a win.

The matte black helmet is my favorite, hands down. So baller. I like the all blacks with the matte helmet and the gold pants/white shirt/matte helmet for away games. Gold jerseys... bleh. And those glossy gold helmets... :sick:

That said, I think Clawson lets the players have input on what unis they wear so I support whatever they want to wear. Look good, feel good, play good.

As long as it’s no gold jersey and limited use of black pants with white shirt, and I’m good with every other combo.

Never thought I would like a matte helmet and I’ve become a huge fan. Still hope we rotate gold or glossy black ones in though.

I like the matte black the best.

I like the gold when we are wearing all black at home , or with the gold pants on the road.

I would like us to bring back the black deacon head helmets like we wore against Louisville(?) on occasion.

No to all whites (all white with black helmet is just ok)

The mysterious Black Deacon. Intriguing.

helmet.jpg

Last edited:
I personally dislike the nd gold helmets. I would like to see them as flat gold. More Like Boston college. The white helmets remind me of losing.

I'd like to see us bust out some throwback unis sometime. This weekend the '79 Tangerine Bowl team is being honored...would be cool to wear '79 style threads.
Kenny-Duckett-vs.-Auburn-1979-e1495720402925.jpg

I like the matte black the best.

I like the gold when we are wearing all black at home , or with the gold pants on the road.

I would like us to bring back the black deacon head helmets like we wore against Louisville(?) on occasion.

No to all whites (all white with black helmet is just ok)

It was vs FSU. I loved those.

Pretty sure we've heard on multiple occasions that the kids love the chrome gold helmets. I don't think they're going anywhere. It's too bad it's pretty much impossible to make a gold football jersey look good. Those khaki ones we wore years back were brutal.

I'd like to see us bust out some throwback unis sometime. This weekend the '79 Tangerine Bowl team is being honored...would be cool to wear '79 style threads.
Kenny-Duckett-vs.-Auburn-1979-e1495720402925.jpg

I’ve always thought that these would be great as a throwback. Maybe we can get a grassroots campaign going for the team to bring these back for a game..

I love the flying WF from the 70s. I got a shirt with that logo from Camel City Goods that I love -- tip, go on a Sunday after gameday and get a discount by showing your ticket.

The flying WF logo went into the '80's as well under both Coaches Groh and Dooley.

Caldwell went to the block WF in the 2000's that we've had ever since. Both are good looks.

Anyone hear why we dropped the number style that Nike developed for us? Wonder if basketball dropped it too?

Anyone hear why we dropped the number style that Nike developed for us? Wonder if basketball dropped it too?

I did like those more than our more traditional block letters. Gave us an extra distinctive.

I personally dislike the nd gold helmets. I would like to see them as flat gold. More Like Boston college. The white helmets remind me of losing.

Like what Elon’s currently wearing. Gross.

Back