• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake uni watch football

In last week's Sunday Morning Uni Watch section, Uni Watch critiqued the plainness of the numbers on wake's football jerseys.
https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/fan/image?url=https://oldnorthbanter.com/wp-content/uploads/getty-images/2019/09/1174540888.jpeg&
I've got to admit that I see their point, although I'm just happy wake did away w/ that shoulder pattern crap of the last few years. Personally, I was always a fan of the black pants, black helmet, white jersey look for away games.

I like the new number style. Now just add them to the shoulder pads too.

On the Stan Cotton show last week, Clawson said he loves the gold helmets the best and that they "really pop" when they are playing under the lights. Also said that because they get "chipped up" a lot when they wear them, they can only pull them out every three weeks or so ...

Considering we know we are playing Louisville under the lights, I would be surprised if we didn't wear gold helmets for the first time this season.

On the Stan Cotton show last week, Clawson said he loves the gold helmets the best and that they "really pop" when they are playing under the lights. Also said that because they get "chipped up" a lot when they wear them, they can only pull them out every three weeks or so ...

Considering we know we are playing Louisville under the lights, I would be surprised if we didn't wear gold helmets for the first time this season.

That's odd....we wore the gold helmets 3-4 games in a row last season.

I remember Clawson referencing the 'chipping' 2 years ago. Seems that was rectified over a year ago.

That's odd....we wore the gold helmets 3-4 games in a row last season.

I remember Clawson referencing the 'chipping' 2 years ago. Seems that was rectified over a year ago.

Huh. He also said he lets the team captain's pick, so him liking the gold best hows little bearing on what we actually wear.

Huh. He also said he lets the team captain's pick, so him liking the gold best hows little bearing on what we actually wear.

Was referencing the paint 'chipping' only.

Was referencing the paint 'chipping' only.

I love that Clawson is so focused on other stuff that he's a season behind on uniform stuff. In other words, I guess the staff figured out how to improve the helmets so they don't chip and make them unusuable for a few weeks.

Interestingly, Clawson also told another uniform story - the reason we don't wear white helmets anymore is that a prominent donor gave a ton of money (read: one of about three or four possibilities) and on his donation made Clawson promise never to wear white helmets again. Apparently, we lost most games and by a lot when we wore them. Claw agreed. Continuing the story, Clawson said the same donor came up to him last year, totally forgetting the first request and asked why we never wear white helmets anymore. Clawson told him that a prominent donor made him promise and didn't tell him the donor was him...

Black gloss helmet still classic- but as long as we're WINNING expect that we continue to see the black matte mostly. Just win baby....

I love that Clawson is so focused on other stuff that he's a season behind on uniform stuff. In other words, I guess the staff figured out how to improve the helmets so they don't chip and make them unusuable for a few weeks.

Interestingly, Clawson also told another uniform story - the reason we don't wear white helmets anymore is that a prominent donor gave a ton of money (read: one of about three or four possibilities) and on his donation made Clawson promise never to wear white helmets again. Apparently, we lost most games and by a lot when we wore them. Claw agreed. Continuing the story, Clawson said the same donor came up to him last year, totally forgetting the first request and asked why we never wear white helmets anymore. Clawson told him that a prominent donor made him promise and didn't tell him the donor was him...

We only wore the white helmets in 2013 (Grobe's last year). We were 1 and 3 wearing them. We lost to BC, ULM, and Duke. We beat Army. The white helmets looked pretty good with the white jerseys and white pants (or black pants). They looked ok with the all black uniforms. They looked awful with the black jersey and white pants.

I love the matte black helmets with the shiny gold WF logo.

Gold helmets!

EGdU4aFVUAAhgLJ

Did not realize it, but Louisville's all white unis are Muhammad Ali themed:

ECXH5tEXYAYkX06
ECXH7O3X4AIjJKe

ECXH9ACX4AAWgKi
ECXIHXQXUAA-1h2

I HOPE Louisville wears all white, don't know ...

*Horrible take alert*

I get that Ali is from Louisville, but he didn't play there. Do the Akron Zips have Lebron themed uniforms?

I get that he is a cultural icon, but it seems like Louisville is riding the coat tail of a famous dead person to promote their own brand.

I admit that I am probably way wrong about this.

*Horrible take ended*

I have a feeling they will only wear those at home and I expect to see their St. Louis Cardinals rip-off helmet, with red jersey and white pants. I really hope we don't see their shiny red helmet as I think they'd be totally garish with our shiny gold helmets. They don't seem to post uni alerts though ...

*Horrible take alert*

I get that Ali is from Louisville, but he didn't play there. Do the Akron Zips have Lebron themed uniforms?

I get that he is a cultural icon, but it seems like Louisville is riding the coat tail of a famous dead person to promote their own brand.

*Horrible take ended*

I believe he was a fairly large donor to the school and appears to have some sort of legacy there in the form of The Muhammad Ali Institute for Peace and Justice.

http://louisville.edu/aliinstitute

*Horrible take alert*

*Horrible take ended*

You don’t remember the Orange Bowl?

I have no problem a public university building a relationship with the most famous person from the town especially if that person didn’t go to college somewhere else.

So thinking back to the OB, what would Arnold Palmer themed Wake jerseys they look like?

You don’t remember the Orange Bowl?

I have no problem a public university building a relationship with the most famous person from the town especially if that person didn’t go to college somewhere else.

So thinking back to the OB, what would Arnold Palmer themed Wake jerseys they look like?

Black and gold swirled together as if stirring some kind of drink

Back