• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football News National

If we go to the Sun Bowl, I hope it's not against WSU. The whole broadcast would be about Mike Leach.

Fair amount of "Wake Forest" inked in this statistical discussion. https://247sports.com/college/wake-...tball-teams-likely-to-start-losing-136726356/

Among the 16 undefeated teams remaining Barrett Sallee for CBSSports.com ranks the Deacs behind App State, Memphis and SMU.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...feated-teams-stack-up-entering-a-key-stretch/

The third down defense is fantastic (25.68 percent), but Wake has struggled to generate negative plays (31 tackles for loss -- 13th in the ACC).

Last edited:
Dave Clawson is going to be on Jim Rome today (Thu) in the 3rd hour (so between 2 and 3 EDT).

I would love to know the 4* and 5* kids Clawson turned down because they "wouldn't fit 6 days of the week" at Wake.

I haven't listened to Rome in years. This interview reminds me that I'm not sure he listens much to who he's interviewing.

Rome's description of Clawson as "rock solid" said with emphasis, then repeated with more emphasis. On target.

Perspective from Triangle:
https://www.wralsportsfan.com/no-19-wake-forest-looks-to-remain-unbeaten-vs-louisville/18691524/

This marks the Demon Deacons' first game as a Top 25 team since Oct. 18, 2008, when they were ranked 21st but lost 26-0 at Maryland. Their last victory as a ranked team came nine nights earlier in a 12-7 win over Clemson, after which the Tigers ousted coach Tommy Bowden and selected their relatively unknown receivers coach as his interim replacement — Dabo Swinney.

Last edited:
FWIW, even after our loss last night, yahoo sports has us playing Georgia in the Orange Bowl. Both teams are now 5-1 and they’re saying Wake is still the second best team in the ACC.

FWIW, even after our loss last night, yahoo sports has us playing Georgia in the Orange Bowl. Both teams are now 5-1 and they’re saying Wake is still the second best team in the ACC.
Fine but if our coaches and players are buying that then WF will definitely explode into a dumpster fire.
WF doesn’t have the programmatic experience/maturity to deal with positive punditry and press.

On the bye week changes
Clawson: “Really frustrating. We talked about it as a team that we haven’t played well coming off bye weeks and that we’re changing our schedule. We’re getting more of a workload. We talked about being ready at 7:30. Being into the game, be ready to play, ready to go and no lull. We didn't show up until about 8:15, and that's my fault. My job is to get the team ready to play. We were flat and not focused. We weren’t taking care of the football. I looked up and they had 21 points and no yards. You’re not going to turn the ball over three times (and win), then we turned it over in the red zone. It would have been nice to get some points at the end of the half. I think everything we’d done well all year, in terms of being disciplined, not turning it over and following the plan, we just. . .I don’t know. Maybe we thought we’d arrived. If we ever don’t show up and we’re not focused, we won’t win games.”

Back