• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Boston College Thread

That's the thing about college football. So far we have seen good emotion from the Deacs, and I expect that to continue. If we come out ready to play, we win unless we turn the ball over too many times. We are the better team.

Last time I went to the game at BC they had just joined the conference. We got tickets in the BC section so were surrounded by Eagle fans. They were nice enough (Irish Catholics are a fun group in general), but were clueless. "Where is Wake Forest? Illinois?" We lost that game on a last-minute fumble at the goal line. Depressing drive home. We stopped and got drunk at a hotel bar and stayed there for the night. Then the long drive home the next day. Well, nobody said being a Deacon fan was easy.

BTW, the BC stadium is odd. You are walking through a suburban neighborhood (Newton) and turn the corner and there is this enormous structure. It's like if you put a large football stadium in Scarsdale. Or Country Club Road.

Sort of. Depends on where you come in from. Their campus is pretty good size and it’s on their campus. From the Boston side it’s just on campus from the reservoir.

This game worries me a lot. I thought we'd beat them at home last year and they mashed us.

Can't wait to get up there. Perfect time of year in Boston. Red sox in town too.

I usually worry greatly about BC and their big linemen but I don’t think the KU was an aberration and our O continues to roll on both ground and air while our D slows down the one dimensional BC O. Dillon will get his 100 yds but Brown doesn’t concern me with the way our D is playing.

38-20 Deacs big.

I used to live in Boston. Have been to BC games a number of times. The stadium experience sucks.

Having said that, they aren’t a shitty team just because of one loss to Kansas.

As others have mentioned, they’ll likely be playing with a sense of urgency and I guarantee they aren’t in any way intimidated. The #24 ranking is only another reason for them to be motivated.

It’s also our first real road game, though it won’t be a particularly hostile environment.

Feels like a toss-up... That’s why I’d take the points.

Yeah - won’t be easy. And it seems like when Wake gets ranked, something bad happens.

I used to live in Boston. Have been to BC games a number of times. The stadium experience sucks.

Having said that, they aren’t a shitty team just because of one loss to Kansas.

As others have mentioned, they’ll likely be playing with a sense of urgency and I guarantee they aren’t in any way intimidated. The #24 ranking is only another reason for them to be motivated.

It’s also our first real road game, though it won’t be a particularly hostile environment.

Feels like a toss-up... That’s why I’d take the points.

BC squeaked by Hokies even with VTs 5 TOs and Hokies squeaked by Furman. BC is a decent team but WFs O is special and averaging 500 yds and 40 pats/game and the only thing slowing it down is WF coaches in 2nd half vs UNC.

As long as WF doesn’t lose TO battle by 2 or more we roll.

BC squeaked by Hokies even with VTs 5 TOs and Hokies squeaked by Furman. BC is a decent team but WFs O is special and averaging 500 yds and 40 pats/game and the only thing slowing it down is WF coaches in 2nd half vs UNC.

As long as WF doesn’t lose TO battle by 2 or more we roll.

Hope you’re right.

Sounds like you expect us to roll @BC and @VT... That’d be a hell of thing.

I’m trying to get to the game @VT. Have never been... We don’t play there often and it has to be one of the better experiences in the ACC.

One other thing... We were lucky to beat Utah State. I'm not discounting the victory, but there were at least a couple of times where I thought we had lost that game. Hinton doesn't make that difficult catch on 4th down and we're 0-1.

The way we played against UNC after the 21-0 lead was also discouraging... I think it was expected that UNC would make some sort of comeback, but I didn't think we'd be sweating the outcome at any point.

Rice & Elon told us nothing... Other than that we don't suck.

Love being 4-0, but that's kind of what most folks around here expected, right? It's the rest of the schedule that gets tougher. Still 0-0 in the ACC.

This game worries me a lot. I thought we'd beat them at home last year and they mashed us.

We still had Sawvel as DC and if you haven't noticed a major improvement in the d you're blind

Utah State is the best team we’ve played. We were slightly better than they were. The only reason it feels “lucky” is because the Hinton catch was on 4th down. But Newman has been throwing dimes regularly and our receivers are a big strength. It wasn’t lucky, we were better.

Based on what we know so far, I’d take Utah State over BC or VT on a neutral field. I expect us to beat BC by 14-21 points. I agree Rice and Elon don’t tell us a whole lot, but we’ve won games we should win and haven’t shit the bed like BC did against a Kansas team that put up 7 against Coastal Carolina. Any given Saturday, and this is Wake Forest. I absolutely am not saying we’re not capable of losing this game by 20. But at this point I think we’re a lot better team than BC.

We still had Sawvel as DC and if you haven't noticed a major improvement in the d you're blind

Yeah, that was the most prototypical Sawvel game of them all. Blown coverages leading to big pass plays, and multiple defenders hitting the same gap as the RB blows through a hole with no one around. Hopefully the Wake defense can continue to avoid giving up the big plays and force BC put together long drives.

Yeah, that was the most prototypical Sawvel game of them all. Blown coverages leading to big pass plays, and multiple defenders hitting the same gap as the RB blows through a hole with no one around. Hopefully the Wake defense can continue to avoid giving up the big plays and force BC put together long drives.

Wake D had shown good discipline. Guys staying home and playing their responsibilities. Trusting their tesm mates to handle their own.

There was a reverse run against Wake. Everybody on the back side stayed home. The running back simply had his choice of defenders to get tackled by.

Back