• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Predict the final 8 games

Clemson wouldn't make the playoff if they lose to Wake. They'd be Orange Bowl bound.

If we magically went undefeated, I think the committee would find a way to screw us over and put Clemson in. Who needs to win their conference to get in to the CFP ( see alabama,tOSU). In the above scenario, in lieu of the playoffs, we play boise state in the sun bowl, beat them 49-0, and then hang a national champions banner just like UCF did....

If the loser of the SECCG has one loss, and tOSU and OU are the others, We're heading to the beach with an undefeated record to play the Cheeseheads (Wisconsin).

UGa vs Alabama will sell every hotel room in Atlanta.

Doesn't matter. We would be a top 4 computer ranking with a victory over at 11-1 Clemson on the road.

Doesn't matter. We would be a top 4 computer ranking with a victory over at 11-1 Clemson on the road.

I’m not so sure that would be the case.

And where did you get the idea we are losing a game ?

Wake only plays on Fridays now. Even when it is Saturday, it is really Friday.

Wake hasn't played past 2:55 pm on a Saturday.

numbers, an undefeated Wake definitely gets beaten out by a LSU or Auburn with only one loss to Alabama. Could definitely see a CFP with 12-0 Bama, 11-1 LSU/Auburn, 12-0 Ohio State, and 12-0 Oklahoma.

I'm not sure if 11-1 Clemson would be ranked lower than 12-0 Wake at the end of the season. For that to happen, we'd have to be Top 10 going into the Clemson game.

Last edited:
Wake hasn't played past 2:55 pm on a Saturday.

numbers, an undefeated Wake definitely gets beaten out by a LSU or Auburn with only one loss to Alabama. Could definitely see a CFP with 12-0 Bama, 11-1 LSU/Auburn, 12-0 Ohio State, and 12-0 Oklahoma.

I'm not sure if 11-1 Clemson would be ranked lower than 12-0 Wake at the end of the season. For that to happen, we'd have to be Top 10 going into the Clemson game.

They new committee also rates conference championships as very important. No way does a 13-0 Wake Forest get left out. Not happening.

I don’t think it’s going to happen, but there is a 0% chance Wake isn’t in the playoff in that scenario.

12-1 Oregon and 12-1 Georgia would also have arguably better resumes and almost certainly better computer rankings under that scenario.

Wake would have the best win in the nation for the year though. Maybe we would beat a 10-2 Virginia in that ACCCG.

The ACC just lends itself to a weak schedule with no margin for error. Wake would look like UCF with a win over Clemson. That should get Wake in as ACC champ.

To clarify, I still think Wake would have a stronger case for the playoff than UCF has the past two years, and not solely because of the Clemson game, and should get in under the 13-0 scenario.

Last edited:
I'm glad that this thread has progressed to its inevitable, rational discussion of whether or not we'll be included in the playoffs after we finish undefeated.

lol...this thread. Lets just beat BC...Then the natty talk to start

It's a hypothetical. Doesn't mean it is likely or even remote.

It is saying that IF Wake went undefeated through the ACC championship, would that get us into the CFP playoffs.

Think we go 5-3 the rest of the way and finish 9-3 earning the #3 ACC bowl.

I was a 7-6 guy before the season started, and still would be happy with 8-4, but don't really see 4 losses left on the schedule. Feels like we lose one we shouldn't, Clemson and Cuse.

Boston College-?
Louisville-W
Florida St-W
NC State-W
VT-W
Clemson-L
Duke-W
Syracuse-?

I see us finishing between 9-3 and 11-1. I'm concerned about the games at BC and Syracuse. They were two games that we lost last year that I thought we should have won.

I'm glad that this thread has progressed to its inevitable, rational discussion of whether or not we'll be included in the playoffs after we finish undefeated.

Isn't this what internet message boards are for? I don't get the whole wet blanket "let's just focus on BC" silliness. It's not like any of us are playing on Saturday.

BC, NC State, FSU, VT all look worse than I thought they would be this year.

We need this game at BC very badly. Feels like the intangibles are there for BC to come out more fired up than WF; really hope that is not the case.

Back