• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Predict the final 8 games

This is from a Chris Fallica tweet:
Best W-L in FBS since November 8, 2018:

Clemson 10-0
tOSU 9-0
App 9-0
Florida 8-0
Bama 9-1
Wake Forest 7-1 (tied with Boise, LSU, OK and Army)...

Heady company...

This is from a Chris Fallica tweet:
Best W-L in FBS since November 8, 2018:

Clemson 10-0
tOSU 9-0
App 9-0
Florida 8-0
Bama 9-1
Wake Forest 7-1 (tied with Boise, LSU, OK and Army)...

Heady company...

Yeah I saw that.

NC State
Pitt (L)
Duke
Memphis
Utah State
Rice
UNC-CH
Elon

Think we go 5-3 the rest of the way and finish 9-3 earning the #3 ACC bowl.

I was a 7-6 guy before the season started, and still would be happy with 8-4, but don't really see 4 losses left on the schedule. Feels like we lose one we shouldn't, Clemson and Cuse.

Same here. 8-4 would look ok in a vacuum but given where the rest of the division seems to be, it would be pretty disappointing.

Really hope we beat state on the way to whatever record we end up with. Always good to shut those morons up.

Same here. 8-4 would look ok in a vacuum but given where the rest of the division seems to be, it would be pretty disappointing.

Really hope we beat state on the way to whatever record we end up with. Always good to shut those morons up.

Meh. They don't seem too upbeat at the moment. I don't think they'll have any momentum coming into our matchup.

Last edited:
Meh. They don't seem to upbeat at the moment. I don't think they'll have any momentum coming into our matchup.

Yeah based on twitter state fans they have a love hate relationship with wake right now. They’re fatalistic about their matchups with us given the last two years and performances in Winston overall while also generally pulling for wake to win most other games since we’re basically Switzerland

Yeah based on twitter state fans they have a love hate relationship with wake right now. They’re fatalistic about their matchups with us given the last two years and performances in Winston overall while also generally pulling for wake to win most other games since we’re basically Switzerland
Ehhh, they have their fans that actually really hate us though.

As we grow more successful we will begin to become hated more openly by rival fans. It always happens.

Odd side note: the guy who seems to run Pitts' SB Nation blog really seems to have a beef against us. I've been checking out the other schools fansites' ACC Power Rankings on SB Nation the last several weeks and that guy is S A L T Y towards us for some reason. It's even reached a point other Pitt fans are starting to notice it. Weird.

Here’s my take - the evolution for the program is to first *play* in big games and then the next step is to *win* big games. If we could somehow go 4-1 in the next 5 (we should be favored in all) that sets us up to play Clemson for essentially the division title. Now we’ll probably get smoked but that game would generate some interest and draw a lot of dap for the program. Would be huge....

I can’t imagine having negative (or any?) feelings towards Pitt. We haven’t been relevant in basketball since they joined and we’ve played once in football? They just exist as far as I’m concerned.

And sure just like any in state team there are plenty of fans that will hate the other (look at the wake fans that hate state) but as far as bloggers and engaged fans go they’re down to banter with wake fans and share in mutual hatred of other teams. They’re generally pulling for wake when we play overall from my experience.

I can’t imagine having negative (or any?) feelings towards Pitt. We haven’t been relevant in basketball since they joined and we’ve played once in football? They just exist as far as I’m concerned.

And sure just like any in state team there are plenty of fans that will hate the other (look at the wake fans that hate state) but as far as bloggers and engaged fans go they’re down to banter with wake fans and share in mutual hatred of other teams. They’re generally pulling for wake when we play overall from my experience.
By and large, I agree with you. In fact, I kinda like Pitt actually; I lived in Pittsburgh, PA for a couple years awhile back and sortve adopted them as a local team I could pull for. [Not a hockey or baseball fan particularly and... fu*k the Stillers]

But, the guy in question still is how he is, I guess.

I've read similar attitudes about Wake on Syracuse boards too. I think a lot of it is blanket dislike of the Big Four North Carolina schools by old guard throwback fans of the absorbed former Big East schools.
In my personal experience, that's where I see the majority of Wake Hate.

Here’s my take - the evolution for the program is to first *play* in big games and then the next step is to *win* big games. If we could somehow go 4-1 in the next 5 (we should be favored in all) that sets us up to play Clemson for essentially the division title. Now we’ll probably get smoked but that game would generate some interest and draw a lot of dap for the program. Would be huge....

This is a good post. Every win we get, the national media is going to ramp up talk about the collision course to that matchup because we could be the last ranked opponent Clemson faces all year. If we go in 8-1 or 9-0 and put up a fight a la Rocky, we'll get a ton of good press.

This is a good post. Every win we get, the national media is going to ramp up talk about the collision course to that matchup because we could be the last ranked opponent Clemson faces all year. Keep winning and we'll get favorable press. Lawrence vs. Newman. Clemson's vaunted WRs vs. our stat stuffing WRs. Our Beef Boys vs. Clemson's DL.

If we go into Death Valley 8-1 or 9-0 and put up a fight a la Rocky, we'll get a ton of good press.

This is a good post. Every win we get, the national media is going to ramp up talk about the collision course to that matchup because we could be the last ranked opponent Clemson faces all year. Keep winning and we'll get favorable press. Lawrence vs. Newman. Clemson's vaunted WRs vs. our stat stuffing WRs. Our Beef Boys vs. Clemson's DL.

If we go into Death Valley 8-1 or 9-0 and put up a fight a la Rocky, we'll get a ton of good press.

This should ramp up in earnest once Wake is properly ranked in the polls. And the noise will get exponentially louder as long as both are undefeated.

9-0 Wake heading into death valley and Conor's boss will need bigger computers. Lots of people will want to know,"Who are these guys?"

What’s weird about it? Wake would be favored today against every team left except those two based on nearly every ranking out there.

Thought it was weird to be favored in all but 2 games and have predicted record be 8-4. Realized that there is some additional probability / statistical elements in the record calculation.

Not weird for Wake to be favored in all but 2 games - at least, not at this point.

If you’re a 51% probability to win two games, then you’re predicted to win 1.

Yeah if there are expected win percentages for each game, you can just add up those percentages to see expected wins (move the decimal two spots)

Really hope I'm wrong:

L - BC
W - Louisville
W - FSU
W - NC State
L - VT
L - Clemson
W - Duke
L - Syracuse

8-4 (4-4)

Back