• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Predict the final 8 games

Louisville-Win
FSU-Loss
NC State- Win
Virginia Tech-Win
Clemson- Loss
Duke - Win
Syracuse- Loss

I agree with this scenario. We shouldn’t lose to Florida State but their athletes will expose any marginal defense. No one on this team has ever beaten FSU— This game may be a little big for the young guys. We will have little to play for beyond pride at Syracuse— bowl clinched, and no effect on the division championship.

I kind of wish the accolades would die down now. We've gotten good press but our schedule has been pretty weak. We SHOULD be 5-0. I've been a Wake fan for 25 years...that unexpected wet fart loss is coming. Call me LOWF...but I've seen this movie before. We always lose one we (really) shouldn't...Wake gonna Wake.

I like that expression.

I kind of wish the accolades would die down now. We've gotten good press but our schedule has been pretty weak. We SHOULD be 5-0. I've been a Wake fan for 25 years...that unexpected wet fart loss is coming. Call me LOWF...but I've seen this movie before. We always lose one we (really) shouldn't...Wake gonna Wake.

in my opinion, a more accurate description of what's going to happen with the rest of WF's schedule is that a team that's slightly better than a coin flip favorite in 5 games is extremely unlikely to win all 5 of those games

Louisville-W

FSU-W

NC State-W

Virginia Tech-W

Clemson-W

Duke-W

Syracuse-W

Stop the LOWF-thinking.

IF WF goes 10-2, while losing @ Clemson and another game where it is a slight favorite (meaning WF would go 8-1 against everyone other Clemson, Elon and Rice), is that Wake being Wake?

IF WF goes 10-2, while losing @ Clemson and another game where it is a slight favorite (meaning WF would go 8-1 against everyone other Clemson, Elon and Rice), is that Wake being Wake?

Depends on how. The Clemson loss in 2006 was Wake AF.

What a dagger. All Temple had to do was fall on the ball.

Also RIP Gaines Adams. Whatever happened to CJ Spiller?

Man, I was at that game. Clem's son was in purple pants IIRC. Disgusting.

If Temple falls on the ball
And if we take the VT game seriously

???

The only "bad" loss Wake can really incur based on current stats is the Louisville game and that still happens roughly 3 to 4 times out of every 10 based on where everyone stands. We only played two really bad teams this year (Elon and Rice) and have played the other "worst" team (on the road so it wasn't actually as easy as it would've been in Winston or neutral). So we could theoretically lose the last game of the year while 11-0 to have a "bad" loss or could always go up 21-0 on someone and lose to make it "bad" but sitting here before the games at 5-0, there aren't any really bad losses on an individual basis.

Also Wake getting serious, chartering buses from Charlotte for the Louisville game. We gettin big time y'all

It's not just us, only a SEC west team can make the playoffs with a lose, over an undefeated conf. champ.. Look at tOSU the last couple of years. Would a one loss PAC-12, Big 12, or ACC team make it over a team like LSU or UGa, who have one loss to 'Bama? We should be rooting against ND, who will be stealing a Bowl spot in front of us no matter what happens.

It's not just us, only a SEC west team can make the playoffs with a lose, over an undefeated conf. champ.. Look at tOSU the last couple of years. Would a one loss PAC-12, Big 12, or ACC team make it over a team like LSU or UGa, who have one loss to 'Bama? We should be rooting against ND, who will be stealing a Bowl spot in front of us no matter what happens.

Rooting against Notre Dame is easy. Unfortunately, the opponents on their schedule that looked to be the most competitive have fallen apart. Remaining games:

- Bowling Green (one of the worst teams in FBS)
- USC (down to their 3rd QB, Clay Helton is a dead man coaching)
- @ Michigan (the most disappointing pre-season top 10 team in the country)
- VT (the most disappointing team in the ACC)
- @ Duke (Duke might make the Irish sweat, but hard to see Duke winning the game outright)
- Navy (not winning at ND)
- BC (see the Duke game description, plus the game is at ND)
- @Stanford (the most disappointing team in the Pac 12)

If ND wins at Michigan (and they probably will), looks like they will go 11-1. Barf.

Last edited:
I'd actually recommend rooting FOR Notre Dame. If they make the playoff or the New Year's Six, then they won't take a spot from us (can't take the ACC slot in the Orange Bowl, though can play against an ACC team). But if they finish 9-3 (still might be good enough for New Year's 6) or worse, then they will push everyone down in the ACC bowl rotation

Would a one loss ND make the playoffs over a one loss ACC champ?

Back