• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: 10s: HOF, 20s: kid kungfu sphincter paralysis, 50: Chick-fill-A-hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old but I’ve never seen it. This slayed me.

6489ad01d8cdfc968bf5605af6cf8752.jpg

when I reread my post it does come across kind of shitty. To clarify, I love my child, but just don't think I'll be balls deep into parenthood until I hear dada or see some smiles.

I wouldn’t have wanted to do it forever, but I loved the quiet moments in the middle of the night rocking my daughter back to sleep those first few months.

Rocking the baby back to sleep at 3am with work tomorrow was fun for like 5 minutes for me but after that I was ready to head back to my nice warm bed.

I wouldn’t have wanted to do it forever, but I loved the quiet moments in the middle of the night rocking my daughter back to sleep those first few months.

I enjoy those moments in retrospect. At the time, I just wanted to go back to sleep.

That's actually the case for a lot of parenting, I think... Certain things suck at the time, but then somehow you remember them fondly when they are in the past.

OTOH, my 3 year old has started getting up for no reason in the night and my wife is losing her shit over it. I actually enjoy getting up and rocking her for a few minutes because she's so sweet and sleepy. I don't want it to be every night, but once or twice a week is no big deal.

youth baseball is worse

Even though the vast majority of my life and career have been devoted to athletics, I really hope my two daughters find other, less excruciating, hobbies and outlets.

I enjoy those moments in retrospect. At the time, I just wanted to go back to sleep.

That's actually the case for a lot of parenting, I think... Certain things suck at the time, but then somehow you remember them fondly when they are in the past.

OTOH, my 3 year old has started getting up for no reason in the night and my wife is losing her shit over it. I actually enjoy getting up and rocking her for a few minutes because she's so sweet and sleepy. I don't want it to be every night, but once or twice a week is no big deal.

I've found the worst part of parenting as a whole is the fact that I now always tear up at shitty, maudlin country songs about children growing up.

I've found the worst part of parenting as a whole is the fact that I now always tear up at shitty, maudlin country songs about children growing up.

Oh yeah, I get emotional at the corniest shit these days.

Commercials that I would have mocked in the past now seem to make so much sense.

Man, there's this lady on Nextdoor complaining thaat she and her husband have been trying to get pregnant for three months and so far everything has been a failure. Seeking recommendations.

I think I'm going to tell her stop letting her husband cum on her tits.

I mean, I go to Nextdoor to learn about stinkbugs and get recs for yard cleanup people. Not for homeopathic populaition increasers.

#townie'd

I'm a new dad and am hoping I have that perspective ultimately. As of now, I find it hard not still wanting to get out of the house and get selfishly drunk, or watch football all day and not do anything productive. Granted, the kid isn't even old enough to smile yet, other than the fake fart/poop smiles. Hoping here soon when I see a smile or two that I'll forget about anything else and just become infatuated with the little one.

My kids are all now teenagers and you may never fully let go of those primordial urges....but the kids definitely grow on you. I think end of elementary school is max pleasant parenting zone, but I really do enjoy spending time even with the 16 year olds when they are in mood to not act like dickheads.

Old but I’ve never seen it. This slayed me.

6489ad01d8cdfc968bf5605af6cf8752.jpg

i'm ashamed but i laughed.

I tried to be consciously aware that while being in bed would be nice, I would only have moments like that for a little while, so I tried to enjoy them. We just started going to bed super early knowing we'd likely be up for an hour or two in the middle of the night.

I have totally fucked up my knee somehow. Getting old sucks.

Girls 10u softball is pretty brutal. First year kids pitch and I’m not exaggerating that maybe 25% of pitches are remotely close to being strikes. Games last forever.

I was working on my Masters when my first was born; wife would nurse and put the baby down around 8:30 while I did homework. I would do the 11 pm feeding and then go to bed - wife took care of the overnight feedings. It was always so awesome to finally close the laptop and get to spend some time with the baby before going to bed.

Cut the tip of my index finger last night and have a bandaid on it and now it feels like i'm wearing a boxing glove when trying to type. shit is so annoying. more #fwp i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back