• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: 10s: HOF, 20s: kid kungfu sphincter paralysis, 50: Chick-fill-A-hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just moved to Adams Morgan. I’m enjoying it so far.

Lived there from 2001-03 at 2717 Ontario Road - corner of Ontario and Columbia -- with a bunch of Wake guys and the house was passed down to Wake folks for over a decade. Will Smith ran over the roof of the house in Enemy of the State. Used to go to Chief Ike's, Millie and Al's (first place I hooked up with my now wife), Dan's Cafe, breakfast at the Diner, a great Ethiopean restaurant I can't remember the name of and a karaoke place that had a rooftop bar upstairs called Roxanne's. Don't know which, if any, of those places are still there.

what are the best food options in Portugal?

They tend to keep it simple. The fish is excellent, super fresh, they just grill it and add some lemon. We have found some good steak places, but the steak is much thinner than the stuff you find in the US. In Lisbon they will do what’s called a prego which is a thin steak between bread, that’s it. Wine and charcuterie are good and cheap. Some of the best wine I’ve ever had is like 10 euros here. We have been cooking in a lot, like tonight we invited one of the marines from the embassy over and we got a some meat and cheeses and I was able to talk the butcher into cutting me some thick steaks, so I’m stoked about that.

have you gotten into the outdoors scene yet?

wanna do a bike trip in Portugal

That’s fair. There’s some definite RJ ramble there. We all don’t have your gift for brevity. I love you too, Milhouse. .

I think he was talking about your love for crazy, not the ramble.

prob that and Veterans Day, neither of which we get. also in the South a lot of people get Good Friday (for us it's a flexible holiday).

Outside of government folks, President's Day?

Dang, these people on the Nextdoor infertility after 3 months thread are talking about some lube that helps you get pregnant.

The ladies in Eastover and Cotswold neighborhoods know what's up !

Gonna have to check that out !

Also, @bestofnextdoor is a good Twitter follow.
THIS:golfclap: IS:golfclap: NOT:golfclap: A:golfclap: DATING:golfclap: SITE:golfclap:

Heading back to Tulum in 3 weeks for my wife’s 30th birthday. Doing 3 nights in an Airbnb with a group of 10 then two additional nights at one of the beach hotels just the 2 of us. Looking forward to a few days of downtime on the beach.

Portugal and the Costa Del Sol or Croatia? Help me plan my next trip.

Heading back to Tulum in 3 weeks for my wife’s 30th birthday. Doing 3 nights in an Airbnb with a group of 10 then two additional nights at one of the beach hotels just the 2 of us. Looking forward to a few days of downtime on the beach.

We were in Tulum over the summer. Do you dive? We really had some solid dives while we were there, and loved the cenotes.

Portugal and the Costa Del Sol or Croatia? Help me plan my next trip.

I've been to Croatia twice in the last 14 months

once for four or so days, did Zagreb, Plitvice, Krka, and Dubrovnik

second time was a bike trip up the coast from Dubrovnik to Split, mostly on the islands

great time -- lemme know if you go that route and I can share lots of recs

as with a lot of European destinations, Croatia is best in the shoulder seasons: April-May or September-October

even then, the cruise ship crowds in Split and Dubrovnik were pretty nuts

hot take: cruises are lame and only for old people and people who are not savvy travelers or have no taste

as with a lot of European destinations, Croatia is best in the shoulder seasons: April-May or September-October

hot take: cruises are lame and only for old people and people who are not savvy travelers or have no taste

Agree on that. Venice is fucking stupid crazy enough without the cruise ships. Now it's goddamn near unvisitable. Or at least it was this summer.

Not a hot take at all. Cruises are super middle America filled with uncultured people going to town on unlimited food and drink. Hard pass.

We were in Tulum over the summer. Do you dive? We really had some solid dives while we were there, and loved the cenotes.

I’ve never gotten into diving but few like maybe I should look into it. Have already been to some amazing diving destinations (Belize) and the snorkeling was super cool but it felt like I was missing out a bit. Last trip to Tulum we did a day trip to Chichen Itza which was incredible and did a visit to one of the huge cenotes as part of that. Looking forward to checking out some of the more local cenotes on this trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back