• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: 10s: HOF, 20s: kid kungfu sphincter paralysis, 50: Chick-fill-A-hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the opposite end of the vacation spectrum from a big cruise ship, I’ve done sailing charters in the BVI and Belize through The Moorings and it’s difficult to imagine a better vacation within the realm of a normal person’s budget.

i dunno, as long as you don't spend your days on the ship, a cruise is a low effort way to see a bunch of stuff especially if you're traveling with older people.

i wouldn't do it as a 23 yr old but calling the entire experience 'lame' seems extreme. I've traveled in europe 8 times, four times renting a car and driving around, twice on guided tours and twice on cruises.

had fun on all the trips. cruises are less adventure but you definitely avoid hassles like arriving in London at 10pm and finding the hotel lost your res. and is now full or pulling into a tiny medieval town and being unable to find the B&B you booked so you and your wife drive around and around yelling at each other.

Last edited:
If you go on a Vacationstogo cruise, you help a Deac and Deac football. Didn't VTG CEO Alan Fox donate something like $2M to Deac football a few years ago?

Definitely enjoyed my Carnival cruise to London !

It’s kinda hard to claim butt rape on night one if you keep seeing them for another couple years

not necessarily; there are lots of kinds of rape, including ones that happen in the middle of a consensual relationship

Portugal and the Costa Del Sol or Croatia? Help me plan my next trip.

My wife and I went to Plitvice, Zagreb, Lake Bled, and Ljubljana this past May, and loved it. Happy to pass along recommendations if you're interested.

as with a lot of European destinations, Croatia is best in the shoulder seasons: April-May or September-October

even then, the cruise ship crowds in Split and Dubrovnik were pretty nuts

hot take: cruises are lame and only for old people and people who are not savvy travelers or have no taste

I disagree. I've planned out four trips to Europe now, and would guess that I spent around 50 hours apiece planning the route and itineraries, arranging transportation, making reservations, and taking care of all the other details that go along with international travel. It's a lot to keep track of, and moving from place to place can be stressful even when things go well. When they don't--and you get dropped off in a flyspeck German town because the train is malfunctioning--the stress level goes way up.

I generally enjoy the planning aspect, and like to be able to move at my own pace, but I can understand why someone would want to go the cruise route to avoid that, and don't think it means they have no taste. Plus, some routes--hitting the Baltic seaports, for example--seem to be much easier to do via cruise than over land.

not necessarily; there are lots of kinds of rape, including ones that happen in the middle of a consensual relationship

This isn't in the middle, this is the very beginning. I've had this happen to a family member, and she threw her husband out of the house that same day. If you're crying the entire time and feel that it was a bad enough incident that you go to get him fired over it in exchange for a 7 figure payoff, you don't come back for date #2.

This isn't in the middle, this is the very beginning. I've had this happen to a family member, and she threw her husband out of the house that same day. If you're crying the entire time and feel that it was a bad enough incident that you go to get him fired over it in exchange for a 7 figure payoff, you don't come back for date #2.

yeah, impossible that Lauer's position wouldn't put her in a place where she felt she needed to continue being his toy

Ok, how about this one. Serbia and Romania for 12 days, Croatia for 11, or Norway for 12?

I did a Norway cruise - it was fine, I enjoy Scandinavia but I'm glad it wasn't my first Euro trip. Not a whole lot to see/do compared to other European destinations. The final days in/around the fjords were very cool.

It's been 8 years now, but wife and I had a blast in Portugal. IIRC there are a lot of feasible day trips from Lisbon, but we took the train over to Sintra. Fairly touristy, but pretty sweet palace unlike anything I had seen, and some nearby old moorish ruins I thought were cool.

ccimage-shutterstock_219148864.jpg

I did a Norway cruise - it was fine, I enjoy Scandinavia but I'm glad it wasn't my first Euro trip. Not a whole lot to see/do compared to other European destinations. The final days in/around the fjords were very cool.

I've done a lot of the major Euro destinations. UK, France, Italy, Germany, Greece, Switzerland, Austria, and Spain. The wife and I love the outdoors, if that helps. Looking for something a little different and more adventurous.

I've done a lot of the major Euro destinations. UK, France, Italy, Greece, Switzerland, Austria, and Spain. The wife and I love the outdoors, if that helps. Looking for something a little different and more adventurous.

hm, Norway is great for that, but I think you'd find it hard to do outdoor stuff via cruise just because of the time to get off and back on the boat, depending on the cruise.

yeah, impossible that Lauer's position wouldn't put her in a place where she felt she needed to continue being his toy

She's written a book. If she was continuing to do something against her will, I'm sure it'll be in the book.

hm, Norway is great for that, but I think you'd find it hard to do outdoor stuff via cruise just because of the time to get off and back on the boat, depending on the cruise.

No cruises on any of these. Driving and hotels and bnb.

She didn't write the book, Ronan Farrow wrote the book, right?

Trying to decide where to go for our 10th anniversary. Probably a 7ish day trip. Part of me wants to plan something cool/adventurous and check out a couple places in Europe. But another part of me just wants to go to some beach resort somewhere and relax with no kids or stressors around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back