• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: 10s: HOF, 20s: kid kungfu sphincter paralysis, 50: Chick-fill-A-hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done a lot of the major Euro destinations. UK, France, Italy, Germany, Greece, Switzerland, Austria, and Spain. The wife and I love the outdoors, if that helps. Looking for something a little different and more adventurous.

like I said, we did a bike trip for the second of the Croatia trips and it's a great way to see a country

we did a Croatian company that does custom trips, so if you did 11 days in Croatia you could easily work in 3-5 days on the bike that fit with the rest your itinerary, as well as hiking, sailing, and kayaking stuff

they even had e-bikes for the less endurance inclined folks

yeah, impossible that Lauer's position wouldn't put her in a place where she felt she needed to continue being his toy

She didn't work for him, the Today Show, or NBC News, as his letter clearly states. Pretty forceful denial on his part.

Welp, The Charlotte Observer just went all the way behind a paywall. Can't right-click it and open incognito even. Guess I'll never read another one of their stories.

Welp, The Charlotte Observer just went all the way behind a paywall. Can't right-click it and open incognito even. Guess I'll never read another one of their stories.

They’ve been hyping the hell out of some kind of sports only subscription. I follow them for Panthers news, guess I can unfollow their best writers on Twitter. I already have a subscription to The Athletic.

The Observer's sports coverage really isn't that good anyway though. The only stuff I read is local government and development stories which are being reported on by the Charlotte Business Journal - which is worth subscribing to, local TV stations - for the salacious stuff, blogs, the local NPR station, and Twitter junkies. The reporters are all 25 years old and usually not very in-depth. Sad, but it's not worth anywhere near $13/month for the full online subscription.

I guess you guys are just happy to let democracy die in darkness.

I guess you guys are just happy to let democracy die in darkness.

I use my mom’s subscriptions to the WaPo and NYT. Groupon had a sale on Gannett papers at $10 a year so I got subscriptions to my hometown paper and the Asheville one to throw local journalism a bone.

Haha to be clear I was joking. My wife and I have quite a few digital and print subscriptions but no newspapers.

I made my best chili ever this week, with peppers and tomatoes grown in my garden. I’ve had it for lunch and dinner all 3 days this week. On a related note, my wife has kicked me out of the bedroom for the rest of the evening.

Trying to decide where to go for our 10th anniversary. Probably a 7ish day trip. Part of me wants to plan something cool/adventurous and check out a couple places in Europe. But another part of me just wants to go to some beach resort somewhere and relax with no kids or stressors around.

Similarly we’re kicking around the idea of Iceland for our tenth, or maybe Scotland or Croatia which are also on our list. And there’s also a good chance we just head to Asheville for a long weekend.

But I really really want to try hakarl, it sounds fascinating. And there’s a remote chance I’ll even like it.

Similarly we’re kicking around the idea of Iceland for our tenth, or maybe Scotland or Croatia which are also on our list. And there’s also a good chance we just head to Asheville for a long weekend.

Scotland is one of my favorite destinations, I did a loop from Edinburgh to Inverness to Orkney to Skye to Glasgow back. Real easy and super beautiful in the summer.

Next month we are doing Luxembourg and Trier, which should be sweet.

Trying to plan something in Switzerland, such a beautiful country I want to explore around, Zurich, Berne, Geneva, Zermat, but that is alot of traipsing about and the wife doesn't ski so we may hold off until spring.

If you want a Eurotrip where you can see alot, Milan to Munich to Vienna is only 10 hours of driving, and the wife will love Milan.

Iceland was gorgeous. Cheap af to get there, but crazy expensive once you're there.

Iceland was gorgeous. Cheap af to get there, but crazy expensive once you're there.

Yeah, agreed. Went with my dad who was injured which really hobbled our adventuring but anxious to go back. Wife has done research there the past three summers and is ready to do some sweet camping/hiking.

for as much as I go to Finland I need to/want to explore the Nordic countries more. I've been to Copenhagen, but that's it otherwise. Norway's fjords are high on the list and I hear Stockholm is cool. Finland is fairly boring from what I've visited, though I haven't been north yet to try and catch the northern lights. Nice place, but not too much to do. I would advise anyone visiting Europe to skip Helsinki unless it's like the last place for them to check-off. Tallinn, Estonia, though is p neat and only about a 90 minute ferry ride away.

Trying to decide where to go for our 10th anniversary. Probably a 7ish day trip. Part of me wants to plan something cool/adventurous and check out a couple places in Europe. But another part of me just wants to go to some beach resort somewhere and relax with no kids or stressors around.

We're looking to go to Argentina to celebrate our tenth; a few days of hiking in mountains and then a few days of wine and chill in Mendoza.

RJ joke inbound

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back