• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: 10s: HOF, 20s: kid kungfu sphincter paralysis, 50: Chick-fill-A-hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
since we're on the topic of vacations, we booked for the holidays

land in LA dec 23rd, fly out of palm springs jan 3rd

thinking something like

two days West LA/beaches (El Segundo? Malibu?)
three days central LA
two days joshua tree
two days palm springs

thinking something like

three days central LA
two days joshua tree
two days palm springs

Just don't leave your wallet.

thinking something like

three days central LA
two days joshua tree
two days palm springs

El Segundo for the beach? Nah.

Malibu is a tiny beach. Parking can be tough.

You could do a day at Venice/Santa Monica and the 3rd Street Promenade.

Manhattan Beach is less crowded.

Check out going to the Magic Castle. It can be fun.

It might be better to take a day at the Getty rather than downtown.

I hear Gucci and Prada have great day after Xmas sales.

Check out Fox Car Rentals. Many times they are the cheapest.

If you want to see the new Rams/Chargers stadium, it's only about a mile and half from LAX.

Are you or wife car people? If so try the Peterson Museum.

Lunch in Westwood could be fun. You could go to Pauley Pavillion and see all UCLA's national championship trophies. :) (and get a great chocolate chip cookie or ice cream sandwich)

Last edited:
i ate some strength and rented a bike, going from Venice up to Malibu and it was a real gr00vy time

Venice is a trip unto itself. You can sit at one of the cafes with a pitcher of Margaritas and get a show from the people. Unfortunately, the great star of Venice Beach is no more. There was a roller skating, robe wearing, guitar playing, turban-like wearing, bearded, singing Sikh for many years.

I'm not sure if they are still playing but each afternoon at two a pair of brothers played South American music on their guitars on the 3rd Street Promenade.

thinking something like

three days central LA
two days joshua tree
two days palm springs

i'm responding to this before scrolling down but there's a 100% chance that you are advised of how cold the water is (because of the jet stream).

El Segundo for the beach? Nah.

Malibu is a tiny beach. Parking can be tough.

You could do a day at Venice/Santa Monica and the 3rd Street Promenade.

Manhattan Beach is less crowded.

Check out going to the Magic Castle. It can be fun.

It might be better to take a day at the Getty rather than downtown.

I hear Gucci and Prada have great day after Xmas sales.

Check out Fox Car Rentals. Many times they are the cheapest.

If you want to see the new Rams/Chargers stadium, it's only about a mile and half from LAX.

Are you or wife car people? If so try the Peterson Museum.

Lunch in Westwood could be fun. You could go to Pauley Pavillion and see all UCLA's national championship trophies. :) (and get a great chocolate chip cookie or ice cream sandwich)

Malibu beaches are the best in LA County by a lot, RJ. Not even an opinion. There are a few great ones, but Zuma is like the perfected form of Venice and Santa Monica beaches and then El Matador for a Orange County-esque beach vibe (bc the best beaches in SoCal, imo, are in OC).

Venice is a trip unto itself. You can sit at one of the cafes with a pitcher of Margaritas and get a show from the people. Unfortunately, the great star of Venice Beach is no more. There was a roller skating, robe wearing, guitar playing, turban-like wearing, bearded, singing Sikh for many years.

I'm not sure if they are still playing but each afternoon at two a pair of brothers played South American music on their guitars on the 3rd Street Promenade.

FailingLongGlowworm-size_restricted.gif

You need to be ultra-careful riding bikes up PCH to Malibu. PCH ain't very wide and there are lots of bends in the road.

I’m guessing that he did it on the Oceanside beach path

You need to be ultra-careful riding bikes up PCH to Malibu. PCH ain't very wide and there are lots of bends in the road.

yeah, I guess I didn't bike all the way to Malibu but I was strong enough that it felt like I did

yeah, I guess I didn't bike all the way to Malibu but I was strong enough that it felt like I did

That beach trail goes from north of Santa Monica down to the LAX adjacent beaches, iirc. You can do a long trip, but go north-south if you want distance,

i did, and was angry that you posted it before i could

There's a bike trail that goes most of the way from the Queen Mary in Long Beach to Newport Pier. It's about 35 miles each way. You can shorten that to go to Seal Beach or HB. It's all long the coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back