• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: 10s: HOF, 20s: kid kungfu sphincter paralysis, 50: Chick-fill-A-hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kruger Bros are great. And, of course, the Doc is from just over the line in Deep Gap. Maybe you've heard of a little festival they host in the spring in Wilkes County every year?

Oh word, I think the Kruger Brothers were on the UNC-TV live show they are trying out.

I guess you guys aren't that far from Deep Gap and the GOAT Doc, either (RIP). That area is crazy, I'm going through all these records right now and there is so much shit coming from that part of NC, SW Va, and NE Ten, SE Kentucky, even So. Ohio and WVa.

Yeah, I'm a dumbass and spaced that Merlefest is right there. Pardon my dumbassery. I was purely thinking Deep Gap.

I gotta make it up to Merlefest one of these days.

Funny people mention Kruger Bros - my wife's favorite and usually on rotation Saturday mornings

It's pretty wild. When I worked at WFDD as an undergrad, Paul Brown was the station manager/news guy, and he had an old-time show. I knew he played banjo, but I didn't know he PLAYED banjo. He of course went on to being a prime NPR morning news guy rotating with others after (NC native) Carl Kassel retired, or around then, but now I'm going through all these records and he's all over them. We even have his own collection here. I should have done more with my radio time.

that was hilarious. rj says stuff, is quoted, then denies having said it because a word for word quote wasn't provided.

This world is fucking loco, dudes. Rubbins sent this to our college email list and I think we all just need to reflect on it and wish peace on and inside each other, deeply.

Yeah. I neglected to mention Merlefest because I thought it was obvious. Although, as a townie and someone who works around 40 hours in 3 days fundraising during the fest, it’s definitely not my favorite time of year.

Yeah, I was still getting into my coffee. No excuse for blanking on MerleFest. I apologize to the chat thread unreservedly.

During Merlefest, do people walk around smoking pot and drinking booze right out of the bottle on city streets?

In honor of Merle Haggard? That's like having a prayer meeting on Times Square on New Year's Eve.

Merle Watson. Doc’s son that died when he rolled a tractor over.

My bad...OOPS

Doc Watson used to play at The Main Point in Bryn Mawr almost every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back