• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: 10s: HOF, 20s: kid kungfu sphincter paralysis, 50: Chick-fill-A-hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know wfudkn liked the other Line Hotel places, and I've only been to A Rake's Progress (which has to be the dumbest name for a restaurant). The food was good, but they made an unnecessary show of everything. It is a place to be seen, one of those annoying DC joints.

Also been meaning to check out Anju, which is down near Kalorama. Korean pub food. One of my coworkers says she has been every weekend since it opened.

Sorry non-DC chat threaders.

My dog was just a real bitch on my last call with my boss. She's been out of sorts for the past week or so; I think she's pumped about the weather changing.

i wfh mondays and wednesdays and typically the dog is real chill unless i have like 4 uninterrupted hours of meetings in which case she's like nah stop play with me

but this morning she woke up from a nap during my catch up with my boss and was being a real asshole

i've been taking my dog to work 2-3 days/week since she was 8 weeks old but i have an office w/ a baby gate; she's pretty used to being bored/sleeping until lunchtime when we do a big walk and then again close

i've been taking my dog to work 2-3 days/week since she was 8 weeks old but i have an office w/ a baby gate; she's pretty used to being bored/sleeping until lunchtime when we do a big walk and then again close

Dude, I think animals should be brought to the workplace more often. However, I can totally see places fucking this up with shit like, "if he can bring his calm, mild mannered dog, why can't I bring my elephant?"

We have 3 dogs and it totally destroys the possibility of working from home (which I hate anyway). One of those little fuckers sees something outside and all 3 go ballistic.

Dude, I think animals should be brought to the workplace more often. However, I can totally see places fucking this up with shit like, "if he can bring his calm, mild mannered dog, why can't I bring my elephant?"

yeah, it was sort of out of necessity at first (b/c she was too young to go to daycare/with my wife) but she ended up being a good office dog. Definitely helps that she can't just run around and bug people, too.

the problem with our office dog is that its the company owner's dog and he's a piece of shit and totally negligent, so the dog gets more attention here than at home

I feel kinda bad for her, but she's gross and untrained and won't shut the fuck up

Dang, these people on the Nextdoor infertility after 3 months thread are talking about some lube that helps you get pregnant.

The ladies in Eastover and Cotswold neighborhoods know what's up !

Dang, these people on the Nextdoor infertility after 3 months thread are talking about some lube that helps you get pregnant.

The ladies in Eastover and Cotswold neighborhoods know what's up !

alert sailor

I just moved to Adams Morgan. I’m enjoying it so far.

I did a couple years on Champlain Street, behind 18th. Rebellion is a great go to bar, perfect for a fall football Saturday. You can really find pretty much anything over there food and drinkwise. I would put the steak quesadilla at Los Cuates up against any I have ever had. Bul is excellent Korean.

Really miss Federalist Pig, the Jimmy Muscles is probably the best sandwich ever. Portuguese bbq isn´t the same. They have Churrasqueria, which is like spicy grilled chicken, and two brothers from New Mexico opened a BBQ joint in Lisbon, but still not as good.

Buffalo wings, Nachos and Bloody Mary´s are the 3 foodstuffs I am missing as much as football at noon.

I had my first Bloody Mary in college, while portraying Boris Yeltsin in a full-length satire a friend was working on (I think that was probably a little too ambitious), and didn't like it. I had the appropriate beer weight and bloated face for Yeltsin at the time. I remember it taking a while to get out the baby powder they put in my hair to gray it to be more legit Yeltsin.

But I finally got into Bloody Mary's a few years later, visiting that same friend in DC and rolling into some sports bar in Adam's Morgan that was having a, like, Bloody Mary special for some obscene price on a Thursday afternoon or something. I had three, got plastered, but developed a taste for them. I don't think that sports bar exists anymore, but they had blue cups from He's Not Here there.

I have 2 dogs. One is our little shitzu/poodle mix that is my wife's baby and sleeps in the bed with us. The other is a mutt that showed up on our porch over a decade ago. His name is Uggy. He is still basically a stray that only comes home to sleep in my basement, shit on the floor in the garage, and eat my dog food. The rest of the time he's out bumming food off of the other neighbors in our neighborhood who love him as much as we do, because he is a likeable if incorrigible fat fuck. As soon as he finally dies, I'm going to turn our finished basement/his sleeping area into a playroom for our kids, but, being the miserable yet lovable pain in the ass he is, he's probably gonna live forever, shedding and shitting all over my old couch in the basement. He has to be at least fourteen by now, and my wife is actively rooting for his demise at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back