• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: 10s: HOF, 20s: kid kungfu sphincter paralysis, 50: Chick-fill-A-hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
who wins a three-legged race: the Cusack siblings or the Gyllenhaal siblings?

not any of the movies mentioned yet include time travel facilitated by a hot tub

everyone’s aware that’s a direct line from Old School right? Not that it makes the sentiment right, but it’s not like Milhouse just made that up.

Speaking of movies that aged incredibly poorly, I watched some of Trading Places last night. N bombs, blackface, etc all through it. Yikes. Followed that Tropic Thunder, which fortunately is just a genuinely funny movie that doesn’t have anything insensitive at all.

Trading Places is pretty high on my list of films that could benefit from a reboot. Not just for those reasons. The basic story would work very well in this economic and racial climate. Obviously the climax would need a complete overhaul. Like literally everything about it doesn’t exist now.

do you think Dave Clawson has ever once navigated his way to OGBoards in his entire life?

Speaking of movies, can you guys give me recommendations for movies in the last 10 years that are The Green Mile/Shawshank Redemption-esq? Story-driven with good acting? Exclude super hero/star wars movies, plz. I've seen Inception, Interstellar, The Revenant, Sicario, Hacksaw Ridge, BlackKkKlansman, and the Tarantino movies.

Have you seen Starship Troopers. It flopped so bad they had to pretend it was a parody.

I loved One Crazy Summer when I was a kid.

Also, I remember digging The Grifters, but no idea how I'd feel about it today. Cusack also had a solid side role in Eight Men Out.

Just tossing off ones that hadn't been mentioned.

Off to Galax this afternoon! Gonna hit up their Tlaquepaque -- the one in King is aight, so how bad could it be? Regional chain Mexican.

Gotta drive 2.5 hours with a colleague I don't really know though. It'll be alright, I'm sure.

Speaking of movies, can you guys give me recommendations for movies in the last 10 years that are The Green Mile/Shawshank Redemption-esq? Story-driven with good acting? Exclude super hero/star wars movies, plz. I've seen Inception, Interstellar, The Revenant, Sicario, Hacksaw Ridge, BlackKkKlansman, and the Tarantino movies.

The Green Book, The Help, and The Blind Side

Inherent Vice is my favorite movie of the last 10 years and sort of has a weird redemptive arc, sort of maybe, if you can dig it and get on the wavelength necessary, man.

Inherent Vice is my favorite movie of the last 10 years and sort of has a weird redemptive arc, sort of maybe, if you can dig it and get on the wavelength necessary, man.

There is no way that GTB digs Inherent Vice, man.

I think Grabs Turds Bare would really enjoy Wong Kar-Wai's 2000 film, In the Mood for Love.

What ever happened to that AOC girl ? She was a pretty big deal there for awhile like Tiffany or Debbie Gibson. Seems like they should do a "Where Are They Now ?" feature about her or something. Her fans would appreciate that.

Off to Galax this afternoon! Gonna hit up their Tlaquepaque -- the one in King is aight, so how bad could it be? Regional chain Mexican.

Gotta drive 2.5 hours with a colleague I don't really know though. It'll be alright, I'm sure.

I always try to hit 15 minutes of NPR before a trip like this, just so I have two or three things in my pocket to bridge an awkward silence.

I never really dug Say Anything.

Big fan of (in order)
Better Off Dead...
One Crazy Summer
Grosse Pointe Blank
Con Air

High Fidelity was meh. Wanted to like Being John Malkovich.

Still haven't seen Hot Tub Time Machine or Hot Tub Time Machine 2, but I imagine I'd like those.

Small roles in Sixteen Candles & Stand By Me, but I don't think those count as John Cusack movies.

...And now you know how I feel about John Cusack's body of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back