• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

The “hidden” identity of the whistleblower is the biggest joke in DC. Everyone knows who it is but has to pretend they don’t. I get that it’s procedure, but it’s bizarre.

If everyone knows it, why are they trying to get Vindman to say it? Seems like both sides could agree to let it be a known secret.

Blame? R's call for wb's testimony knowing the D's won't purposely disclose (a known secret). They can wail and cry about unfair treatment, "no first hand knowledge" or face your accuser etc. Their base laps it up. If, someone that is not a republican, spills the beans you can bet it will be a travesty that wb was outed and if future trump admin wb's don't come forward out of fear thats an acceptable outcome.

Republicans who are clearly carrying out Trump's "favors" claim that when Trump asks for a favor, it doesn't really mean anything.

If everyone knows it, why are they trying to get Vindman to say it? Seems like both sides could agree to let it be a known secret.

I’m making a point that’s it’s a bizarre aspect to to the whole situation. Procedurally correct, I guess, but’s it’s still odd that everyone pretends someone’s identity is secret and must be protected/outed but really everyone, including us, knows exactly who it is.

The “hidden” identity of the whistleblower is the biggest joke in DC. Everyone knows who it is but has to pretend they don’t. I get that it’s procedure, but it’s bizarre.

Who is it?

Who is it?

Yeah, I don't know who it is either. I guess I don't read media that would out a whistleblower for political purposes.

It's not really important for this matter, but it is important so the GOP can intimidate future whistleblowers.

Ratcliffe is definitely Owen Pierce from Veep.

debate-owen-pierce-brings-out-the-plug.jpg

I’m making a point that’s it’s a bizarre aspect to to the whole situation. Procedurally correct, I guess, but’s it’s still odd that everyone pretends someone’s identity is secret and must be protected/outed but really everyone, including us, knows exactly who it is.

PM please!

They would literally be breaking the law to name him in public hearings. This whole aspect of the proceedings is Pubs trying to get someone else to do their illegal dirty work and openly name him on TV for them.

DJT Jr tweeted the dude’s name. Don’t remember who it was but it wasn’t some super public figure.

They would literally be breaking the law to name him in public hearings. This whole aspect of the proceedings is Pubs trying to get someone else to do their illegal dirty work and openly name him on TV for them.

Oh yeah, I agree, but it’s still odd to see that dance live.

Watching some of the hearings today. It occurs to me that the “deep state” seems to be mostly honorable folks doing their jobs working to actually keep America great.

Trumpublicans, OTOH, eagerly on the side of destructive and dishonorable bullshittery.

DJT Jr tweeted the dude’s name. Don’t remember who it was but it wasn’t some super public figure.

It was all over Twitter like 2 weeks or so ago. I’d assume it still is. Some platforms scrubbed his name if I remember correctly.

Back