• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

If this guy doesn't resign after the House votes to impeach, America is truly a banana republic.

More likely scenario is house impeaches, senate acquits, Trump obviously does not resign and gets reelected after losing the popular vote by 5%. Then we're a banana republic. Or another not completely unlikely scenario - house impeaches, senate convicts, Trump still wins the Pub nomination and gets reelected.

More likely scenario is house impeaches, senate acquits, Trump obviously does not resign and gets reelected after losing the popular vote by 5%. Then we're a banana republic. Or another not completely unlikely scenario - house impeaches, senate convicts, Trump still wins the Pub nomination and gets reelected.

I don’t agree with it, but this article argues that your second scenario (well at least the idea of impeaching, convicting and Trump running for a second term) is what should happen. I have to imagine that if the Senate convicts (still seems very unlikely to me at this point), they would also have the votes (especially if it is only a majority and not the 2/3 needed for conviction) to disqualify from holding future office.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/a...rump-from-office-but-let-him-run-again-228228

If anyone think the Senate has even a remote chance of convicting, this is going to play out like a 2000-2010 Wake Forest basketball season. It’ll start with so much promise and success, and just when the post season starts (Senate trial), it will abruptly end with nothing but unanswered questions, grief, and disappointment of what could have been.

Short of explicit, irrefutable evidence of quid pro quo, this isn’t going to happen.

Again, townie doesn't tell the WHOLE story. It's not right to take pieces out of a picture and try to say that was the entire picture.

If you wanted to be accurate, which you never do, I said the House should wait until next spring/summer to get the most impact out of it when people are actually paying attention since the Senate wasn't going convict him.

This is you being dishonest again.

BTW, a major event happened since then. Again, you want to ignore a seismic change which is patently dishonest. This is your MO.

He's right you walking halitosis factory.

If anyone think the Senate has even a remote chance of convicting, this is going to play out like a 2000-2010 Wake Forest basketball season. It’ll start with so much promise and success, and just when the post season starts (Senate trial), it will abruptly end with nothing but unanswered questions, grief, and disappointment of what could have been.

Short of explicit, irrefutable evidence of quid pro quo, this isn’t going to happen.

Lol this is a good take.

Will likely be a punch to the gut like West Virginia or to the nuts like Cleveland State.

I’m still not holding out hope for a conviction in the senate. However, the fact that we’re even considering it as a possibility shows how much damage Ukraine-gate has done to Trump.

I actually disagree with cville on how long Dems should allow this to play out. I think they need to move fairly and intelligently but very quickly. If the “bed of nails” theory with Trump is true, this is the first nail to have actually hurt Trump. Don’t allow enough time for Trump, Nunes, Rudy and the rest of the clown-show to create another crisis that will distract the public (ie adds another nail). Strike while the iron is hot.

Also the motherfucker is a national security risk. GHTFO.

What happened to Rudy? Has any American’s reputation been as high as his after 9/11 and fallen so far?

Lol this is a good take.

Will likely be a punch to the gut like West Virginia or to the nuts like Cleveland State.

I’m still not holding out hope for a conviction in the senate. However, the fact that we’re even considering it as a possibility shows how much damage Ukraine-gate has done to Trump.

I actually disagree with cville on how long Dems should allow this to play out. I think they need to move fairly and intelligently but very quickly. If the “bed of nails” theory with Trump is true, this is the first nail to have actually hurt Trump. Don’t allow enough time for Trump, Nunes, Rudy and the rest of the clown-show to create another crisis that will distract the public (ie adds another nail). Strike while the iron is hot.

Also the motherfucker is a national security risk. GHTFO.

Please do not, and I cannot stress this enough, PLEASE DO NOT start calling this any sort of “-gate”

But Whistleblowergate just rolls off the tongue!

(I too despise the use of the word -gate for any scandal. The usage of -ghazi, however, is ok)

New poll- 43% support, 44% oppose, 13% undecided

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/26/poll-support-impeachment-trump-1515012

This is the first time it's been as close. It's up 7% in a week. With more info, it could rise even higher.

Without another, irrefutable bombshell, the Senate will not vote to convict. What will be interesting will be to see how Collins, McSally, Gardner, Tillis, Ernst, the whack job in MT and Peters (MI) handle themselves. A wildcard could be the guy from Alaska.

New poll- 43% support, 44% oppose, 13% undecided

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/26/poll-support-impeachment-trump-1515012

This is the first time it's been as close. It's up 7% in a week. With more info, it could rise even higher.

Without another, irrefutable bombshell, the Senate will not vote to convict. What will be interesting will be to see how Collins, McSally, Gardner, Tillis, Ernst, the whack job in MT and Peters (MI) handle themselves. A wildcard could be the guy from Alaska.

Guaranteed no votes aren’t that interesting

Please do not, and I cannot stress this enough, PLEASE DO NOT start calling this any sort of “-gate”

Fair point. Gate actually minimizes this abortion of a presidency and makes Trump’s scandals feel quaint.

Here are a few thoughts but I’m sure we can do better.

Ukraine-covfefe
Ukraineghazi
Trump-contra
Ukrainian dotard
Ukrain just grab Zelensky by the Pussy

Dems definitely need to move quickly. Every single Dem needs to come out and say they don’t expect any Republicans to vote to impeach or convict but it doesn’t matter because it should be about doing the right thing.

The most likely scenario is impeachment convinces everyone but Republicans that Trump is crooked and putting his interest above the country. Republicans don’t convict and spend the election cycle scrambling to regain trust with swing voters and the pro-impeachment fringe of the party.

Yep. Rudy was always a shitstain. But now his brain is functioning at sailor-levels, so this is what you get.

Back