• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

Out of all the outrage here, the Trump plays too much golf uproar is crazy to me. They're is legitimate things to be outraged over, playing golf is not one of them. Hell you guys should be happy he is playing golf instead of failing at his actual job and ruining the country.

It’s that he pays himself with taxpayer money to play too much golf

Out of all the outrage here, the Trump plays too much golf uproar is crazy to me. They're is legitimate things to be outraged over, playing golf is not one of them. Hell you guys should be happy he is playing golf instead of failing at his actual job and ruining the country.

No doubt having him on the golf course and thus not screwing up even more stuff is nice, but the anger from Democrats comes in part from the hypocrisy of listening to Republicans attack Obama for 8 years for "excessive" travel expenses and doing things like attending some basketball games, while Trump has actually spent far more time away from DC playing golf and spending huge amounts of taxpayer money to do so.

Also, Trump has been a complete dullard wrt living in DC, only venturing to a restaurant in his hotel, never visiting the Kennedy avenger, never taking in any actual culture.

There’s no outrage from us about Trump playing golf. The outrage came from conservatives who railed against Obama for playing golf but are dead quiet about Trump. Pointing out hypocrisy =/= outrage because you’re right, there’s a million other things that are outrageous about this administration. But we also need to make sure conservatives never forget just how hypocritical and insane they are.

The hand-wringing - not only from Never Trump conservatives like Brooks but a great many so-called liberal media outlets - about the impact of impeachment hearings is remarkable. Even liberals like Frank Bruni are fearing that this will probably backfire and just rile up Trump's invincible base to turn out in droves next year and re-elect him. Nevermind that they turned out in droves in 2016 and Trump still got only 46% of the popular vote, and won the election in the EC by carrying 3 states (PA, MI, and WI) by a combined 78,000 votes, or well under one percentage point apiece. Apparently, opposing Trump is a bad idea because it just makes his supporters angry, and if they get angry they're unstoppable. Or so we keep being told.

Last edited:

Where to start with this mess of a take. It's all Fox News talked about when they weren't outraged over the coffee salute or the dijon mustard or the tan suit. How much time do you think Fox has spent on Trump's golfing? Then, there's the angle of how proud Trumpsters are that he "donates" his salary. $400k is laughable considering the taxpayer money flowing to his properties for these trips. Obama would have been impeached for that alone.

His playing golf is a breach of his oath of office and the Constitution as it is a black letter emolument.

His playing golf is a breach of his oath of office and the Constitution as it is a black letter emolument.

Well that’s not true if you’re talking about the Emoluments Clause

The hand-wringing - not only from Never Trump conservatives like Brooks but a great many so-called liberal media outlets - about the impact of impeachment hearings is remarkable. Even liberals like Frank Bruni are fearing that this will probably backfire and just rile up Trump's invincible base to turn out in droves next year and re-elect him. Nevermind that they turned out in droves in 2016 and Trump still got only 46% of the popular vote, and won the election in the EC by carrying 3 states (PA, MI, and WI) by a combined 78,000 votes, or well under one percentage point apiece. Apparently, opposing Trump is a bad idea, because it just makes his supporters angry, and if they get angry they're unstoppable. Or so we keep being told.

They also turned out in droves in 2018, relative to past midterms.

I think you misused a hyphen here....and, of course, missed the point.

The most recent Ukrainian general prosecutor told NBC's Richard Engel that he spoke with Rudy Guiliani at least ten times about the Bidens.

Each of those is a crime.

EDIT: He told Engel his investigation found nothing. This is the guy after the disgraced one was forced out. It the EU that forced him out.

Last edited:
Emoluments can be about foreign or domestic and involves a POTUS enriching himself. It's not just foreign emoluments.

I’m aware. And yes we know that practically speaking Trump is not divested from his organization, but technically speaking it’s a fairly easy case for him to make that he’s not the head of Trump Organization so he’s not profiting. It’s bullshit, it’s unethical, and it’s a waste of taxpayer dollars, but I don’t believe it is a black letter emolument as you suggest.

Back