• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

Trump is taking taxpayer money to play golf. Let’s not forget about that.

The hand-wringing - not only from Never Trump conservatives like Brooks but a great many so-called liberal media outlets - about the impact of impeachment hearings is remarkable. Even liberals like Frank Bruni are fearing that this will probably backfire and just rile up Trump's invincible base to turn out in droves next year and re-elect him. Nevermind that they turned out in droves in 2016 and Trump still got only 46% of the popular vote, and won the election in the EC by carrying 3 states (PA, MI, and WI) by a combined 78,000 votes, or well under one percentage point apiece. Apparently, opposing Trump is a bad idea, because it just makes his supporters angry, and if they get angry they're unstoppable. Or so we keep being told.

There’s no sense from them that impeaching Trump will rally Democrats. None.

Michelle went to a lot of places without him that were more interesting

Not surprising. She’s more interesting than Barack.

They also turned out in droves in 2018, relative to past midterms.

Yep. And got destroyed. Republicans are running a base election with a set ceiling. Democrats have more room under the tent.

The disgraced Ukrainian prosecutor told NBC's Richard Engel that he spoke with Rudy Guiliani at least ten times about the Bidens.

Each of those is a crime.

So when they say "someone should look into the Biden's" it appears they already did. find anything?

I mean, this should be it. These people make the Nixon and Clinton administrations look like absolute geniuses.

Yes it’s unbelievable how cut and dry this whole situation has been made by the Trump administration themselves. It’s like they were a murder suspect and then of their own volition brought in the murder weapon, a tape of them saying they were going to murder someone, and said on national TV, “yeah I killed them.”

I’m aware. And yes we know that practically speaking Trump is not divested from his organization, but technically speaking it’s a fairly easy case for him to make that he’s not the head of Trump Organization so he’s not profiting. It’s bullshit, it’s unethical, and it’s a waste of taxpayer dollars, but I don’t believe it is a black letter emolument as you suggest.

Lots of other people, including for Deputy Solicitor General Neil Katayal (who presents dozens of cases to the Supreme Court) think it is. I'll take their experience.

Lots of other people, including for Deputy Solicitor General Neil Katayal (who presents dozens of cases to the Supreme Court) think it is. I'll take their experience.

Lol and you call me condescending

What I was clearly saying is that I listen to experts in their field. I would expect you to take respected experts' opinions over mine as well.

Even if I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. Hell, even if I lived in a Holiday Inn Express.

There’s no outrage from us about Trump playing golf. The outrage came from conservatives who railed against Obama for playing golf but are dead quiet about Trump. Pointing out hypocrisy =/= outrage because you’re right, there’s a million other things that are outrageous about this administration. But we also need to make sure conservatives never forget just how hypocritical and insane they are.

This. Especially the hypocrisy part.

Our politics will continue to be broken until we can call our own team out on bullshit. Don’t get me wrong, we all make excuses for our own teams every now and then but there is one side (Republicans) displaying an extraordinary amount of hypocrisy these days (hello national debt, family values, national security to name a few). As a former Republican, I take great pride in calling my old team out for their bullshit hypocrisy and will continue to do so until sanity and an actual sense of public service returns.

So when they say "someone should look into the Biden's" it appears they already did. find anything?

In spite of multiple investigations, nothing was found by anyone. It's a Russian initiated lie.

[/B]

This. Especially the hypocrisy part.

Our politics will continue to be broken until we can call our own team out on bullshit. Don’t get me wrong, we all make excuses for our own teams every now and then but there is one side (Republicans) displaying an extraordinary amount of hypocrisy these days (hello national debt, family values, national security to name a few). As a former Republican, I take great pride in calling my old team out for their bullshit hypocrisy and will continue to do so until sanity and an actual sense of public service returns.

I blame cable news and social media, and it ain't gonna get any better anytime soon. Get rid of Trump, and it will continue to be too toxic an environment to pass most serious acts of legislation in DC. Fox and other conservative news outlets are going to continue to make it impossible for a Weld, Hogan or Baker to win the Pub nomination. Boehner and Ryan were eaten alive by their own party. I seriously don't give the republic more than another decade or 2.

Yes it’s unbelievable how cut and dry this whole situation has been made by the Trump administration themselves. It’s like they were a murder suspect and then of their own volition brought in the murder weapon, a tape of them saying they were going to murder someone, and said on national TV, “yeah I killed them.”

The Trump administration is the absolute worst at committing crimes.

I honestly think Trump is so dumb he doesn't even realize he is breaking the law. Then when he gets called out about it they just kinda shrug it off because the know nobody is is going to do anything about it.

That’s what makes him good at it along with millions who believe him.

Yep. And got destroyed. Republicans are running a base election with a set ceiling. Democrats have more room under the tent.

Not only that, but Trump has done nothing to expand his voting block. Who is voting for Trump who didn't vote for him in 2016?

I bet there's a significant number who voted for him in 2016, but won't do it again.

That being said, VOTE.

Not only that, but Trump has done nothing to expand his voting block. Who is voting for Trump who didn't vote for him in 2016?

I bet there's a significant number who voted for him in 2016, but won't do it again.

That being said, VOTE.

Well, other than all the proud Trump supporters who were under 18 in 2016, but the point is well taken. Those are probably offset by all the old Trump voters who died since 2016 anyway.

Well, other than all the proud Trump supporters who were under 18 in 2016, but the point is well taken. Those are probably offset by all the old Trump voters who died since 2016 anyway.

2017 is the most recent data I can find, but the top 10 in death rate are WV, ME, AL, KY, AR, MS, PA, OH, TN, and OK. You have to go #19 to find a blue state in VT.

2017 is the most recent data I can find, but the top 10 in death rate are WV, ME, AL, KY, AR, MS, PA, OH, TN, and OK. You have to go #19 to find a blue state in VT.

Geez. Or geezers. Dems should run on that.

Back