• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

I don't get Chris Christie at all. The Trump cabal has shit on him many times. He has no future in elected office and won't be appointed to be AG or on the Supreme Court. His only real public future will be as a TV analyst. The more he's seen as a Trump toady and apologist. The quicker he'll be gone when Trump is.

Of all the non-family Trumpites, no one should realize that Trump has less than no loyalty to anyone. He can't expect Trump will take care of him.

He's crazy for doing what he's doing.

Fox and OAN viewers will continue to watch Fox and OAN, and few of them will be reading books written by the Woodwards and Acostas of the world. Fake news.

What is OAN? I've never heard of that?

One American News. Think low budget FoxNews without the "fair and balanced" facade crossed with with a local access TV budget and production quality.

With a lead anchor who looks like Megyn Kelly on a four-day bender.

I somehow imagine OAN isn't the boogeyman we think with it's 7 nightly viewers. I'd focus more on the the programming on YouTube and any number of streaming platforms that outperform many of the nightly cable news shows.

I somehow imagine OAN isn't the boogeyman we think with it's 7 nightly viewers. I'd focus more on the the programming on YouTube and any number of streaming platforms that outperform many of the nightly cable news shows.

Trump tweets them on occasion, FWIW.

I don't necessarily disagree with respect to youtube stuff.

I’m not really sure what you’re saying. OAN is on YouTube and I’m pretty sure it’s on streaming platforms. I come across OAN clips on YouTube pretty much anytime I look at something political.

OAN isn't on my cable, but it is on my sisters' up in Baltimore. 1 of my sisters was consistently watching that over Fox for about a year though has given that up in recent months. I haven't asked why.

Edited to add that my dad was watching OAN for about an hour 1 day at Xmas last year, and I got to hear it loud and clear 2 rooms away. They do very brief stories - like 2 minutes. I remember 1 story was on Mattis resigning, but it didn't mention his resignation letter or any of the background as to why he was resigning. Then like once an hour or so they were doing like a 1 minute profile of different Pub senators, and they ended each segment by saying that senator is an American patriot (1 of them was Cotton). OAN is basically conservative TASS for zombies.

Last edited:
I’m not really sure what you’re saying. OAN is on YouTube and I’m pretty sure it’s on streaming platforms. I come across OAN clips on YouTube pretty much anytime I look at something political.

That no one gives a shit about nor watches a cable network that doesn't even measure a Nielsen rating. There are dozens of streaming news/political commentary outlets that have 10x the number of subscribers without having a cable platform to promote themselves.

That no one gives a shit about nor watches a cable network that doesn't even measure a Nielsen rating.

Go easy on CNN... what did this network ever do to you?!!!

ETA - I learned on the Tunnels that ALL conservatives watch Fox News and OAN yet nobody on the left watches MSLSD or CNN.

That no one gives a shit about nor watches a cable network that doesn't even measure a Nielsen rating. There are dozens of streaming news/political commentary outlets that have 10x the number of subscribers without having a cable platform to promote themselves.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/one-america-news-network-strong-143000723.html

"In March 2019, Comscore data shows that of the networks categorized exclusively as Cable, News/ Business/ Info networks, OAN ranked as the fourth-highest service in that genre, behind Fox News Channel, MSNBC, and CNN. OAN outperformed CNN Headline News, Fox Business Channel, CNBC, BBC World News, Fusion, Bloomberg and others, per the same March 2019 data. Also, for the March 2019 period, OAN outranked SyFy, Animal Planet, Nat Geo, Travel, and other well-established channels."

lol

What do you watch?

I don't watch any of them. CNN and MSNBC are unwatchable as well - mostly talking heads yelling at each other. The last decent political show I watched with any regularity was the 1 Heileman and Halparin had on Bloomberg that they stopped a few years back. I do listen to NPR and BBC and catch the occasional News hour, especially on Fri nites with Shields and Brooks. I feel that John McLaughlin started this with his gong show back in the 90s, and now that format is most of what you see. Anyone have any other TV news suggestions out there?

I don't watch any of them. CNN and MSNBC are unwatchable as well - mostly talking heads yelling at each other. The last decent political show I watched with any regularity was the 1 Heileman and Halparin had on Bloomberg that they stopped a few years back. I do listen to NPR and BBC and catch the occasional News hour, especially on Fri nites with Shields and Brooks. I feel that John McLaughlin started this with his gong show back in the 90s, and now that format is most of what you see. Anyone have any other TV news suggestions out there?

I also cannot stomach any of them.

Back