• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

I don't watch any of them. CNN and MSNBC are unwatchable as well - mostly talking heads yelling at each other. The last decent political show I watched with any regularity was the 1 Heileman and Halparin had on Bloomberg that they stopped a few years back. I do listen to NPR and BBC and catch the occasional News hour, especially on Fri nites with Shields and Brooks. I feel that John McLaughlin started this with his gong show back in the 90s, and now that format is most of what you see. Anyone have any other TV news suggestions out there?

read the news!

I can read all kinds of shit on my computer when at work or on my phone while at home, typically while watching TV. no way I wanna waste time watching some feckless TV news channel.

I'll usually give CBS's Nora McDonald a few minutes if I am only flipping channels.

She is very easy on the eyes.

Chris Collins (the GOP Rep not Dookie) was the first Congressman to support Trump. He has resigned effective tomorrow after pleading guilty to insider trading.

Drain the swamp!!!

Pardon the ignorance but is this trend of deciding whether or not to go along with a congressional subpoena new?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/one-america-news-network-strong-143000723.html

"In March 2019, Comscore data shows that of the networks categorized exclusively as Cable, News/ Business/ Info networks, OAN ranked as the fourth-highest service in that genre, behind Fox News Channel, MSNBC, and CNN. OAN outperformed CNN Headline News, Fox Business Channel, CNBC, BBC World News, Fusion, Bloomberg and others, per the same March 2019 data. Also, for the March 2019 period, OAN outranked SyFy, Animal Planet, Nat Geo, Travel, and other well-established channels."

You realize that this came directly from a press release on the OAN website that cites one month of data that looks to be compiled by OAN? I did a quick check (not thorough at all so I may have missed something) and the network does not have any readily available ratings data. Typically, that's indicative of low viewership.

You realize that this came directly from a press release on the OAN website that cites one month of data that looks to be compiled by OAN? I did a quick check (not thorough at all so I may have missed something) and the network does not have any readily available ratings data. Typically, that's indicative of low viewership.

Yes, I realize that. But you have provided nothing other than you have never heard of it so 7 people watch it. If you want to dispute what they say, do better.

Yes, I realize that. But you have provided nothing other than you have never heard of it so 7 people watch it. If you want to dispute what they say, do better.

Is there something you need explained about the viewership being so low that the rating agencies don't produce data for it? Again, I may have overlooked it, but that is cut and dried.

Is there something you need explained about the viewership being so low that the rating agencies don't produce data for it? Again, I may have overlooked it, but that is cut and dried.

Well, as I understand it, stations need to pay Nielsen to get rated and they have chosen to not do that. I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with not getting rated by Nielsen because viewership is so low, but what do I know, I am just posting sourced information while you have the infallible treasure trove of knowledge that is your crossfit brain.

Here's an article about CBS's contract with Nielsen is expiring. https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradadgate/2019/01/07/can-cbs-go-without-nielsen/#79f2878d4b57 They had paid Nielsen $100M to do ratings stuff for them:

"It has been estimated the previous contract between the two parties had a value exceeding $100 million. Besides the broadcast network, the CBS contract includes their 28 owned and operated stations, primarily in major TV markets. CBS claims that Nielsen’s audience measurement is inadequate in today’s multi-platform environment and that Nielsen’s asking price is too high.

Without a contract, CBS will not have access to any current or past audience data. CBS will, for now at least, rely on audience data from Comscore and other sources for ratings. Comscore uses return path data from several satellite companies and cable operators including AT&T/DirecTV, Dish, Cox and Charter. Comscore represents the biggest challenge to Nielsen’s dominance since Arbitron (now owned by Nielsen) left local TV measurement in 1993.

Virtually all prominent ad agencies and television networks/stations are Comscore clients."

It seems OAN, like a number of other companies, has decided to go with Comscore instead of Nielsen.

Rudy and others have been subpoenaed by Schiff.

This is about to get be funnnnnnnnnnnn.

The House ought to be prepared to lock up witnesses on their own. They aren't going to cooperate. DOJ isn't going to cooperate with enforcement.

Three committees have subpoenaed documents from Rudy.

This shit is about to get really deep.

It's getting deeper by the minute. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Pompeo listened into the call between Trump and Zelensky.

If this is true Pompeo is a least a co-conspirator in the crime and likely a participant in the mis-classifying of that intel and the cover-up thereafter.

How can we get Pence in this? I was joking last week and a few months ago when I said President Pelosi. It might not be a joke soon.

Back