• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

Respect you should be VERY, VERY scared. I was posting the same thing at the same time you were.

This about the third time in the past month or so this has happened. Thinking this much like me might be a cry for help...

The purpose of the impeachment proceeding should be to show that the GOP is a corrupt party who openly seeks out foreign interference in elections.

Well, as I understand it, stations need to pay Nielsen to get rated and they have chosen to not do that. I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with not getting rated by Nielsen because viewership is so low, but what do I know, I am just posting sourced information while you have the infallible treasure trove of knowledge that is your crossfit brain.

Here's an article about CBS's contract with Nielsen is expiring. https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradadgate/2019/01/07/can-cbs-go-without-nielsen/#79f2878d4b57 They had paid Nielsen $100M to do ratings stuff for them:

"It has been estimated the previous contract between the two parties had a value exceeding $100 million. Besides the broadcast network, the CBS contract includes their 28 owned and operated stations, primarily in major TV markets. CBS claims that Nielsen’s audience measurement is inadequate in today’s multi-platform environment and that Nielsen’s asking price is too high.

Without a contract, CBS will not have access to any current or past audience data. CBS will, for now at least, rely on audience data from Comscore and other sources for ratings. Comscore uses return path data from several satellite companies and cable operators including AT&T/DirecTV, Dish, Cox and Charter. Comscore represents the biggest challenge to Nielsen’s dominance since Arbitron (now owned by Nielsen) left local TV measurement in 1993.

Virtually all prominent ad agencies and television networks/stations are Comscore clients."

It seems OAN, like a number of other companies, has decided to go with Comscore instead of Nielsen.

So they can’t afford to be rated by Nielsen. Another suggestion that their viewership and advertiser dollars are quite low.

For context, I had a printout of ratings on my desk every Monday morning for 5 years. I know what these things mean more than the average.

Last edited:
I’m starting to think that pivot may not be coming.

Trump believes he is above the law. He believes the Nixonian BS that "if the President does it, it's legal". And Barr believes this as well.

So they can’t afford to be rated by Nielsen. Another suggestion that their viewership and advertiser dollars are quite low.

For context, I had a printout of ratings on my desk every Monday morning for 5 years. I know what these things mean more than the average.

ummmm, it doesn't seem like you understand how it works in the slightest.

probably just faster to produce call transcripts where treason wasn't committed.

It doesn’t stop.

Barr is more trouble than it looks like in this headline. According to the WSJ reporter, Barr asked Trump to ask the Aussie PM to work with him investigating the investigators. Barr is now a central figure in this issue.

ummmm, it doesn't seem like you understand how it works in the slightest.

This is my favorite kinda Shoo post. Sorta like when you google case law and and have legal arguments with a practicing attorney. Never change.

Barr is more trouble than it looks like in this headline. According to the WSJ reporter, Barr asked Trump to ask the Aussie PM to work with him investigating the investigators. Barr is now a central figure in this issue.

With the rush of news over the last few years, it's important to step back and appreciate the traditional role of the DOJ and Attorney General versus where we are now. Comey specifically resisted Trump's directives and thought it was bizarre (given the history of the office and the traditional independence between the DOJ and the President) that Trump would ask to meet with him privately. By contrast, Trump is now specifically ordering Barr to conduct investigations and Barr is happily carrying out those orders.

Every allegation of the Mueller report is confirmed by Trump's very actions. Trump always thought the Attorney General and the DOJ, including the FBI, should be at his direction.

giphy.gif

There are three Russian born Trump supporters named in Rudy's subpoena. One has a Russian/American "import-export" business. Another has alleged ties to the Russian mob in NYC. Nice...

Seb Gorka flew with Pompeo to Italy. Very normal and very cool.

Right on the heels of Barr travelling to Italy to ask them for help muddying up the Mueller investigation.

..... probably just a coincidence.

There are three Russian born Trump supporters named in Rudy's subpoena. One has a Russian/American "import-export" business. Another has alleged ties to the Russian mob in NYC. Nice...

Mr. Vandelay, I presume?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/trump-children-corruption/599176/

Defenders of Trump on this matter would seem to be conceding that a President Kamala Harris could pressure foreign leaders to investigate Don Jr., Eric, and Ivanka Trump for corrupt business dealings in their respective countries, marshaling the leverage of U.S. foreign policy to secure answers.

The inquiry could extend to anything related, however tangentially, to the official doings and responsibilities of their father, which would plausibly encompass nearly all of the Trump Organization’s actions around the world.

Harris could run the whole operation through a personal attorney chosen for his or her personal and political loyalty, bypassing the procedures and checks against corruption embedded within the federal bureaucracy. And she could do this to the Trump kids even if one of them were running against her for president––indeed, it would not even matter if her motives were obviously venal.

So, Trump supporters: Do you think, as I do, that it would be an abuse of power for President Harris to investigate Don Jr., Eric, and Ivanka in this fashion? Or are you okay with the precedent that Trump is trying to set?

To the lawyers, can the House (since the DOJ has not interest in criminal activity by Trump of his crime family) open an investigation into Trump for witness tampering and witness intimidation?

Also is Trump's obsession with trying to find out the identity of the whistleblower a breach of that law?

Back