• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

Who's read the complaint?

The most damning part to me is the attempts to suppress the records of the call within days of it having been made. It sounds like White House attorneys realized right away how bad Trump fucked up and moved quickly to cover his tracks.

It's pretty easy to see why Conservatives looked at it yesterday and started to act like it's not that big of a deal. The complainant didn't listen to the actual call and repeatedly cites getting info 2nd hand from multiple unnamed sources. Only one person specifically named, however I suspect the other names are part of the still classified part of the report. At the very least they should have public hearings calling in each of the sources.

You can bank on someone like Jim Jordan or Kevin McCarthy getting up there today and giving a verbatim reading of the paragraph where he states he didn't hear the call. That will be the spin on this.

I read it and I agree. Just like with Watergate and numerous other public and private scandals, the coverup is more damning than the crime. They could spin Trump's word salad on the call into "he didn't really mean it" or whatever, but intentionally abusing a classified government computer system as part of an intentional coverup is a different matter.

Hmmm... anyone know who is third in line under the Presidential Succession Act?

That would be the single worst outcome of all of this. Seeing a female democrat replace Trump and Pence would likely push some of the right wing nut jobs over the edge. And they already are clutching their precious guns for dear life.

That would be the single worst outcome of all of this. Seeing a female democrat replace Trump and Pence would likely push some of the right wing nut jobs over the edge. And they already are clutching their precious guns for dear life.

I agree. Was just trolling. In any case I think Pence's entire agenda as VP has been plausible deniability. Hear nothing, see nothing, say nothing.

I read it and I agree. Just like with Watergate and numerous other public and private scandals, the coverup is more damning than the crime. They could spin Trump's word salad on the call into "he didn't really mean it" or whatever, but intentionally abusing a classified government computer system as part of an intentional coverup is a different matter.

"All I did was store private communications on a secure server, just like Hillary did..."

again, this.

being a registered Republican, I have no idea what happened to my (old) party. They are just scraping up the bottom of the barrel and believe they can lie to them because they will not question anything. it's fucking sad

Yeah GOP will stress that the whistleblower didn't sit in on the phone call. Best response for that as evidence that the whistleblower spoke with several people in the room during the call is that the whistleblower's complaint sets forth basically the same conversation that Donald and company released yesterday. Confirms the whistleblower's credibility.

Nahhhhhh. The crime is pretty bad in and of itself, hence the coverup.

Do you believe Donald's conduct is impeachable regarding Ukraine and his phone call? Have you had an opportunity to read the whistleblower complaint or haven't quite gotten there yet after InfoWars, Breitbart, and Fox?

yeah, I have read both the transcript of the phone call and the whistleblower's formal complaint

go ahead and impeach, success is assured

yeah, I have read both the transcript of the phone call and the whistleblower's formal complaint

go ahead and impeach, success is assured

Do you believe he should be impeached. Yes or no?

If you had Devin Nunes as the toadie that would play the "it's just hearsay" card first, you win.

Yeah sounds like there's an electronic transcript that they stored with sensitive information in violation of protocol.

Is there a dumber Representative than Devin Nunes? I mean a total moron.

Seriously. Just listened to his opening remarks. Sounded like Sailor wrote them.

such astute money managers that even Whitey Bulger's relatives want a piece of the action

You mean the son of former Massachusetts Senate President and President of UMASS William Bulger? Heaven's to Betsy, what scum must Biden be to acquaint himself with such lowbrow sons of Democratic politicians. Someone grab me my feinting couch, I am growing light headed from clutching my pearls.

Yeah GOP will stress that the whistleblower didn't sit in on the phone call. Best response for that as evidence that the whistleblower spoke with several people in the room during the call is that the whistleblower's complaint sets forth basically the same conversation that Donald and company released yesterday. Confirms the whistleblower's credibility.

having read the complaint, I don't see how that helps them at all. The transcript of the call, and there's probably a recording or verbatim transcript somewhere, makes that irrelevant. And the complaint also alleges abuse of classified computer systems which is easily proven. Attacking the whistleblower isn't going to help them. They have to pivot to arguing "so what" which is exactly what Trump and Co. are already doing. I expect Nunes to get his marching orders and follow along in short order.

You mean the son of former Massachusetts Senate President and President of UMASS William Bulger? Heaven's to Betsy, what scum must Biden be to acquaint himself with such lowbrow sons of Democratic politicians. Someone grab me my feinting couch, I am growing light headed from clutching my pearls.

we should all be impressed with the wisdom of the people of Massachusetts, along with the business practices of the entire Bulger family

Who cares. The reconstructed transcript has been released and is bad enough. The real transcript is probably a joyride.

Back