• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

wtdevents.jpg

Lifelong Pub here, until about 9-10 years ago. Unaffiliated since, mostly voting Dem as they are the only major party offering sane and actual (imperfect) solutions to problems. Pubs have been lying and cheating for years. And doing nothing constructive whatsoever, especially since Obama's first election.

I recommend Tim Alberta's American Carnage. He's a Politico writer. In it he documents the rise and takeover of the party by the populist wing.

I get why Pelosi didn't want to pursue impeachment before this development. Though most board posters were pushing it, most Dem reps from purple or reddish purple districts believed the pursuit of impeachment would hurt their reelection chances. Add to that, most polls on the subject showed only a minority of the country wanted to pursue impeachment. I'm interested to see what the polling looks like beginning next week. I'm also interested to see what Trump's favorability polls look like going forward. He's still averaging in the low 40s this week. Congressional Pubs will continue to close ranks around Trump as long as his popularity in the party does not begin to seriously erode. I believe the report a day or 2 ago that 30 Pub senators would vote to convict Trump if the vote were secret. But it ain't secret, and ain't no way we're going to find the necessary 20 Pub senators willing publicly to vote to convict. At least not until his popularity significantly erodes. I agree that the Ukraine affair is serious enough to warrant an impeachment inquiry. But at this point, the chances of conviction are remote, and the jury is out on how an impeachment inquiry will affect Trump's reelection chances.

This is as close as we will ever get to Brad admitting that the President should be impeached.

Small steps from a small man.

LOL - Your obsession with me is disturbing.

The impeachment stuff is a win-win from my standpoint... The left continues to flail about trying to undo the results of the 2016 election.

And if by some longshot it's successful, an actual conservative who isn't a self-obsessed buffoon will be occupying the oval office.

The impeachment stuff is a win-win from my standpoint... The left continues to flail about trying to undo the results of the 2016 election.

And if by some longshot it's successful, an actual conservative who isn't a self-obsessed buffoon will be occupying the oval office.

Who, in your opinion, is the next Gerald Ford? It sure as hell won’t be Mike Pence when the dust settles.

If you think Pence is going to survive this, then you’re as stupid as advertised. Pence, like Agnew, won’t spend a day as POTUS.

Whatever you say, Mother Jones.

Agnew resigned due to tax issues and accepting bribes/kickbacks. It had nothing to do with the cover-up of Watergate which brought down Nixon.

And I doubt Pence will ever become POTUS as this impeachment inquiry most likely goes down in flames like the HRC campaign.

Agnew resigned due to tax issues and accepting bribes/kickbacks. It had nothing to do with the cover-up of Watergate which brought down Nixon.

And I doubt Pence will ever become POTUS as this impeachment inquiry most likely goes down in flames like the HRC campaign.

Pence is neck deep in the swamp that your ilk is so fond of railing against. He’ll get his in due time.

A lot of people appear to be involved. It’s basically a routine normal call to Ukraine with lots of people on the call. Trump being trump goes off script and is like hey how about we investigate Biden and you guys help sink him for 2020, yeah and about that military aid. The call ends and everyone is like what the fuck was that, that’s not good we need to contain this, everyone with a brain scrambles to cover up everything. Trump keeps being trump even after he’s told hey that was really fucking bad and stupid and has Guilani continue the fuckery.

This summary had me dying.

At this point, the left isn't trying to undo the results of the 2016 election. They're trying to actually ensure that the United States President isn't breaking laws for his own benefit and having foreign governments interfere in US elections. Do you understand that basic point?

The reason it will go down in flames is your heroic GOP senators will put Trump over our country, the Constitution and the rule of law. Rather than an elephant, the GOP should use John Gotti as their mascot.

Who would that be?

I take it this is not going to be a situation where Angus is critical of Trump, which he claims happens frequently.

At this point, the left isn't trying to undo the results of the 2016 election. They're trying to actually ensure that the United States President isn't breaking laws for his own benefit and having foreign governments interfere in US elections. Do you understand that basic point?

I get it, it is hard for some to see the malfeasance here, especially if you haven't been perturbed by any of Trumps previous illegal activity and abuse of power. I do find my self sincerely asking how is this episode any different than the "Russia, if you're listening..." moment on live TV? If that wasn't disqualifying why would this be? The answer is nuanced, probably, and comes down to the specifics of how the deed was done and proving intent, but on the surface, why does this rise to the level of impeachment when the entire Mueller report was a nothing burger, and his campaign finance violations with Stormy Daniels was shrugged off?

To be clear, in my opinion, fuck Trump; take him and his entire team down by any means possible. I'm just looking at this from the perspective of a casual observer with prior bias.

I get it, it is hard for some to see the malfeasance here, especially if you haven't been perturbed by any of Trumps previous illegal activity and abuse of power. I do find my self sincerely asking how is this episode any different than the "Russia, if you're listening..." moment on live TV? If that wasn't disqualifying why would this be? The answer is nuanced, probably, and comes down to the specifics of how the deed was done and proving intent, but on the surface, why does this rise to the level of impeachment when the entire Mueller report was a nothing burger, and his campaign finance violations with Stormy Daniels was shrugged off?

To be clear, in my opinion, fuck Trump; take him and his entire team down by any means possible. I'm just looking at this from the perspective of a casual observer with prior bias.

Problem is there is no quid pro quo according the the transcript, and the whistle blowers accounts is second hand.

While it is clear that Trump crossed a line, there is not clear cut enough evidence to impeach. if there is anything they can get with trump clearly tying a direct conversation of military aid to persecuting Biden then it should be a go with impeachment.

Problem is there is no quid pro quo according the the transcript, and the whistle blowers accounts is second hand.

While it is clear that Trump crossed a line, there is not clear cut enough evidence to impeach. if there is anything they can get with trump clearly tying a direct conversation of military aid to persecuting Biden then it should be a go with impeachment.

1. You don't need quid pro quo.
2. There clearly is quid pro quo.

Well yeah, that was the White House memo. They're hiding the actual phone call on a private server.

The whole purpose of the impeachment process is to get enough information to determine whether or not to impeach. So arguing that there's "not clear cut enough evidence" to impeach makes no sense. You're basically saying it's OK for the WH to withhold evidence from Congress.

Back