• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

Problem is there is no quid pro quo according the the transcript, and the whistle blowers accounts is second hand.

While it is clear that Trump crossed a line, there is not clear cut enough evidence to impeach. if there is anything they can get with trump clearly tying a direct conversation of military aid to persecuting Biden then it should be a go with impeachment.

There is one large portion of the whistle blower complaint that deals with "playing ball" that is still redacted. And the implication that Pence's trip was cancelled because Ukraine hadn't yet decided to cooperate in investigating Biden.

1. You don't need quid pro quo.
2. There clearly is quid pro quo.

If you are reading it with an anti Trump bias, a reader could interpret a quid pro quo. If you are reading from other perspectives it could be seen the aid was separate from the Biden conversation according to the "transcript/memo" that was released.

They're going to need a more direct link between the military aid and the persecution of Biden. If it exists on a private server somewhere congress should know about it.

Trump also just implied that the whistle blower committed treason and would have been executed in the past. Sounds like witness tampering and obstruction to me.

Trump just called whistleblowers traitors and close to being spies.

We need to investigate what else Trump put into that code word server. Robert Gates was Sec. of Def. for W and Obama. Maybe he should be named to see what else has been mis-classified.

If you are reading it with an anti Trump bias, a reader could interpret a quid pro quo. If you are reading from other perspectives it could be seen the aid was separate from the Biden conversation according to the "transcript/memo" that was released.

They're going to need a more direct link between the military aid and the persecution of Biden. If it exists on a private server somewhere congress should know about it.

The very next sentence after the President of Ukraine asked for Javelin missile systems was Trump saying, "I want you to do me a favor."

That is a quid pro quo.

By the way, there is NO requirement for a quid pro quo for that to be a crime. It is ILLEGAL to SOLICIT anything of value from a foreign government or individual. ALL one has to do is SOLICIT anything. He doesn't have to offer anything in return or even receive what he asked for. The mere act of SOLICITING is a FELONY.

It's EXACTLY the kind of high crime the Founders said is impeachable,

BTW, we know from the Ukrainian report of the call, that talking about getting dirt on Biden was a precondition for Trump calling the President of Ukraine. It was a PLANNED CRIME.

So, I understand that this will all go nowhere because the chances of it hitting the Senate floor are virtually nil. But if it distracts Trump this much for the next few months, maybe he won't actually try to govern in the meantime. That's a net positive, right?

He hasn't governed for two years.

You're wrong there, at least in part. He has been instrumental in rolling back a number of environmental and financial safeguards. That still counts. Though I guess his underlings can still handle that for him.

The very next sentence after the President of Ukraine asked for Javelin missile systems was Trump saying, "I want you to do me a favor."

That is a quid pro quo.

By the way, there is NO requirement for a quid pro quo for that to be a crime. It is ILLEGAL to SOLICIT anything of value from a foreign government or individual. ALL one has to do is SOLICIT anything. He doesn't have to offer anything in return or even receive what he asked for. The mere act of SOLICITING is a FELONY.

It's EXACTLY the kind of high crime the Founders said is impeachable,

BTW, we know from the Ukrainian report of the call, that talking about getting dirt on Biden was a precondition for Trump calling the President of Ukraine. It was a PLANNED CRIME.

At first i didn't get it. But with all the capital letters it cleared everything right up. thanks RJ.

Yep. Governing horribly, in a way that can only make the stupid, racist, and selfish happy, is still governing.

Problem is there is no quid pro quo according the the transcript, and the whistle blowers accounts is second hand.

While it is clear that Trump crossed a line, there is not clear cut enough evidence to impeach. if there is anything they can get with trump clearly tying a direct conversation of military aid to persecuting Biden then it should be a go with impeachment.

Quid Pro quo is not required for the actions to be illegal. There is no evidentiary standard for impeachment so saying there isn't enough evidence is ill informed. Sure, congress wants to establish a high bar for impeachable offenses, but there are no written standards or rules about what constitutes a high crime and how thoroughly it needs to be proven.

You're wrong there, at least in part. He has been instrumental in rolling back a number of environmental and financial safeguards. That still counts. Though I guess his underlings can still handle that for him.

I stand corrected.

Back