• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

I’m curious how they’re going to paint Sondland as a member of the deep state. They’ll probably go for the Cohen strategy of calling him a liar while ignoring that he was lying for Trump.

The call read outs are on a secure server. What’s been released aren’t actual transcripts.

I don’t think those actually exist. Calls aren’t taped.

I don’t think there are recordings out there but I definitely think there are more detailed transcripts available. Between the ellipsis usage, the fact the first transcript says it’s only a summary of the call, and the amount of time it took to release both of them (especially this last one), I would bet money there are more damaging revelations.

Same for the mueller report and all of the redactions by Billy Barr.

If the call was perfect, why would we need to read a different call transcript?

I don’t think there are recordings out there but I definitely think there are more detailed transcripts available. Between the ellipsis usage, the fact the first transcript says it’s only a summary of the call, and the amount of time it took to release both of them (especially this last one), I would bet money there are more damaging revelations.

Same for the mueller report and all of the redactions by Billy Barr.

How are they going to make real "transcripts" if there are no tapes? I think what we got is what they have - a couple of aides furiously scribbling down notes and then compiling them into what was released.

Hard to understand why Democrats aren't pushing harder for Bolton to testify. I get they want it to move quickly, but the guy was heavily involved in these actions, clearly was against them, has a flair for the dramatic, is selling a book, and cannot be "impeached" by the GOP as being a "Never Trumper." If they really want to win, they will need Bolton, and he is right there, dangling fruit, and saying he will testify if he has to comply with a subpoena. There is enough testimony from others that there is no way Bolton pulls the rug out from under the main story. Do what is needed to expedite the subpoena debate in the courts, and if he has to testify get him to hammer the final nail. If he gets insulated from a Republican-leaning Supreme Court, just add it to the obstruction charges.
Win-win.

With the new emails from Sondland to Mulvaney and others in the White House, Bolton isn't really needed.

With the new emails from Sondland to Mulvaney and others in the White House, Bolton isn't really needed.

He is not needed to tell the story necessarily. He is needed to grab people's attention adequately. It's akin to live testimony in a trial vs. reading a deposition to the jury without the witness there. Same story. Totally different impact.

He is not needed to tell the story necessarily. He is needed to grab people's attention adequately. It's akin to live testimony in a trial vs. reading a deposition to the jury without the witness there. Same story. Totally different impact.

Agree with this. The whole point of the public testimony is to make the case publicly.

Hard to understand why Democrats aren't pushing harder for Bolton to testify. I get they want it to move quickly, but the guy was heavily involved in these actions, clearly was against them, has a flair for the dramatic, is selling a book, and cannot be "impeached" by the GOP as being a "Never Trumper." If they really want to win, they will need Bolton, and he is right there, dangling fruit, and saying he will testify if he has to comply with a subpoena. There is enough testimony from others that there is no way Bolton pulls the rug out from under the main story. Do what is needed to expedite the subpoena debate in the courts, and if he has to testify get him to hammer the final nail. If he gets insulated from a Republican-leaning Supreme Court, just add it to the obstruction charges.
Win-win.

How does Congress expedite a case that has already been filed in court?

Back