• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

Why on Earth would a book, that will be available to all 7.5 BILLION people in the world, need to be read in a SCIF? The galley has already been approved by the WH.

Maybe Republicans think OGB should only be read in a SCIF.

Trump's counsel: Obama prepared Marie Ivanovich to answer questions about ONE company! This is proof of corruption!

Trump, meanwhile, deeply concerned about corruption in Ukraine, only wants an investigation into ONE company!

And the one company that Trump attacks isn't Ukrainian. It's US company that's on the US stock market.

Why wouldn’t the house managers bring it up? Pubs argue executive privilege and the house managers argue (1) no privilege here and (2) waiver.

That assumes that Pubs first vote to let Bolton testify.

According to Bolton’s attorney, he submitted it to the NSC for prepublication security review to ensure they concurred with his judgment that the book contained no classified information. Based on what I’ve read, that review is still underway.

is this like Trump's tax returns still being audited?

Bolton’s attorney says he submitted it to the NSC on 12/30/19. I have no idea how long something like this should take.

well, clearly not something important so probably a long time. not something that could be expedited

The definition of irony:

This trial is about a quid-pro-quo.

The Republicans want a quid-pro-quo to get witnesses.

Short answer. No

Agreed. The last figure I saw supporting removal was 51%. The only Pub senators up for re-election whose vote could have any impact on their chances are maybe Collins, Gardner and McSally. And in AZ, I think Kelly's chances depend more on who the Dem nominee is than on how McSally votes on any impeachment proceedings.

Sure but it does seem there are some out there who (at least claim to) value process as well as outcome. However I think a lot of this is also just smoke overall in that even if no witnesses are called the bulk of these people will just say oh well and vote red in 2020 anyways.

once the acquittal wraps everyone will forget this even happened except for the acquittal part

once the acquittal wraps everyone will forget this even happened except for the acquittal part

I do hope that impeachment sullies the Trump name enough that, once the boomers die out, the name Trump is more toxic than Clinton and Bush put together

I do hope that impeachment sullies the Trump name enough that, once the boomers die out, the name Trump is more toxic than Clinton and Bush put together

Impeachment wasn’t required for that. You’ll still have people who worship the guy just like when the antebellum olds died off you still have Robert E Lee fetishists.

Back