• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

Says the guy whose tagline is “we’re going to be good again.”

troy-abed-community.gif

lol Swalwell put that out?

I guess. I love that dude. I think he didn’t get enough attention in the primary. I’d love to see him get a nice committee chair assignment going forward. He’s got a bright future.

I have less hope for Republicans than for Wake hoops under Manning.

Serious question for Junebug.

Why do you think Will Herd doesn't see enough evidence for impeachment if you think it's fairly clear.

Cause he knows Senate won’t vote out Trump and he wants to run for prez in 2024.

I believe the votes will be there in the senate. I’m not confident in this, by any stretch, but I do believe it. I doubt the senate would remove on the present record, but I think someone like Bolton will come forward with a compelling narrative and change the calculus.

Bolton won't change anything.

The witness testimony has been simply devastating for Trump & Company since last Friday, yet virtually no House Republicans are willing to vote for impeachment. Instead they're deflecting, projecting, and spinning conspiracy theories full-force, as are virtually all right-wing media outlets. Trump's support with the GOP base is about as high as ever. As of now, I believe only 3 of the 53 Senate Republicans have said they're even willing to consider impeachment based on what they've heard so far, much less actually vote for it. Not to mention the fact that Senate Republicans have apparently met with Trump to plan their strategy for the Senate trial. And several prominent Republicans in these hearings, such as Nunes and Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson, have themselves been found to have acted suspiciously, or consorted with people associated with this mess. Even if Bolton or Pence or Melania came forward with irrefutable video evidence of a quid pro quo (or that Trump was going to hire a Ukrainian hitman to kill Biden) the GOP and Fox and other right-wing media outlets would somehow excuse it all away. The odds of Senate Republicans voting to remove Trump is practically nil. He is the GOP now.

This.

Federal judge just made State Department produce over 100 documents with more cases coming early next week.

It’s a bribe.

LOL Nunes. This could get really good.

It’s like when Henry Hyde was caught having an affair while impeaching Clinton for lying about an affair...only way the fuck worse. Pubs are the best.

Oh yeah, the Crowdstrike fake conspiracy was debunked with Senators and their aides being briefed.

https://www.axios.com/ukraine-elect...sia-971db9ae-4024-40b9-a04c-aba6029b39ee.html

"Reality check, via Axios' Joe Uchill:

CrowdStrike is not and has never been owned by a Ukrainian, as Trump and GOP lawmakers have suggested. It was founded in America by a Russian-born American, and funded by U.S. venture capital.

CrowdStrike co-founder Dmitri Alperovitch is an Russian-born American, not a Ukrainian.

The firm was not funded by Ukrainian oligarchs.

CrowdStrike was hired by the Democratic National Committee to investigate and expunge the hackers responsible for the 2016 breach.

Since the 2016 election, the firm has become publicly traded.

The firm has been at the center of a number of right-wing conspiracy theories because it was the first to publicly release evidence that Russia perpetrated the digital trespass."

Back