• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

Nice work, Elsie.
76720806_10221663090912245_7835098874321567744_n.jpg

I think media and Democrats are giving Trump and the GOP the benefit of the doubt saying that Trump wanted Ukraine to investigate the Bidens. I don’t think they cared if there was an actual investigation. I think they would have been more than happy with just an announcement of the investigation. I think they wanted something like Trump’s press conference about Obama’s birth certificate.

Of course.

Nothing real matters to Trump.

Except the appearance of success and and the obsequiousness of others.

And he’ll claim vindication and grow in power thanks to enabling Republicans.

I think media and Democrats are giving Trump and the GOP the benefit of the doubt saying that Trump wanted Ukraine to investigate the Bidens. I don’t think they cared if there was an actual investigation. I think they would have been more than happy with just an announcement of the investigation. I think they wanted something like Trump’s press conference about Obama’s birth certificate.

Of course they didn't care. The announcement would be enough to support Trump's narrative. There are several events that support the idea that Trump doesn't care about corruption. What's surprising is the length they went to get this announcement. They could have simply lied about it, and their rube base would have eaten it up.

Do the Dems have the stones to abide by the Constitution even if it leads to President Pelosi?

How’s it up to Dems?

Dems seem willing to do their duty.

It’s Pubs won’t remove our incompetent and villainous fool potus (or his stooge VP).

Because the political calculus changes if this gets into succession. It gives Republicans more plausible cover meaning a vote against impeachment/conviction could be less damaging with voters than otherwise. Pubs can spin in into an “unconstitutional” power grab even though it is certainly constitutional.

Well, if the Pubs won’t cooperate to remove the hideously villainous Trump they certainly aren’t going to do their duty to remove both Trump and Pence.

Right. So do the Democrats even bother going after Pence or do they consider it not to be value added? Presumably Democrats can ask Sondland about Pence on Wednesday.

Both transcripts. That right there tells you something.

I can't wait until the real transcripts come out and they're way worse than the ones they released.

People like sailor, angus, the reff, and my 60+ Fox News hourly watching relatives see nothing wrong with witness intimidation, or anything weird about people they otherwise would’ve said are great Americans (like this lady) until she becomes a witness against him thereby becoming a new deep state member who is acting in the show trial despite being on the A Team a week or two ago. Nah, nothing weird about that type of cultish behavior at all. Way to go team

Back