• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

the Capitol Police are a law enforcement agency. I assume people who get arrested on the Capitol grounds go to real jail.

I don't think that's the case. They can't order the DOJ to hold them.

the Capitol Police are a law enforcement agency. I assume people who get arrested on the Capitol grounds go to real jail.

"If you’re arrested by Capitol Police, they have two locations where they take arrestees, depending on the size of the group that gets arrested. If you are a group of 10 or more they will take you to the processing center on K and Half street SW. It is actually their storage garage for all their vehicles, so you are not put in a cell pre-say but instead lined up on in a big empty room. The closest Metro to this site is waterfront on the Green line.

If you are a group of less then ten you are taken to the Capitol Police Headquarters on D between 1st and 2nd NE. The reason that they take you to either location is because their holding cells can only fit a certain amount of people. At the headquarters there are two holding cells that can hold a maximum of 5 people of the same sex each."

Capitol Police are run by Congress, not Executive Branch or DOJ.

This is part of the framing problem. Democrats aren’t holding the hearings. Democrats and Republicans are holding the hearings. Democrats are in charge. Dumbasses like sailor read that and they think it’s Schiff, Pelosi, and Nadler sitting in a dungeon somewhere torturing members of the Trump administration.

These are private meetings with like dozens of people from both sides of the aisle.

The instant Capitol Police started threatening to arrest them these Republicans would run away like the Trucmp-sucking cowardly traitors they are.

I believe i just read that the Giuliani criminal duo are claiming Executive Privilege in Federal Court? WTF is this crap?

This is the type of thing the Democrats need to be shouting from the rooftops, and posting all over social media. That they often don't is why they tend to lose these battles much of the time.

This all just an attempt to deflect from Taylor’s damning testimony yesterday.

I usually get really worked up over shit like this but I think it was handled well from what I read. If the Democrats or Capitol Police started arresting GOP members of Congress, trump rubes would be crying from the rooftops.

Now the GOP just looks like a bunch of fucking desperate idiots for not following the law and not following the exact same process they used to investigate Benghazi as well as to preside over the Russian investigations (as mentioned above). On top of all of that...they have fucking members in all of these meetings (again as mentioned before).

The idea that Hunter Biden is completely unqualified to sit on a board of directors is false too. He is a yale-educated lawyer who made it up to Executive Vice President at a major US Bank and has experience in corporate finance and transactions in a governance setting. Did his name, like most people who sit on various board of directors, help him get the job? Sure

+1000

Just a pic of the loony GOP attack on the SCIF. EVERY Republican was a white male. What a shock!

October 23, 2019 - Approval Of Impeachment Inquiry Reaches 55 Percent, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds; Voters Disapprove Of Trump's Decision On Syria 2-1

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3645

That can't be - all we've been told by Republican and even some Democratic talking heads since the Dems took control of the House in January 2019 is that if the Dems attempted impeachment, it would backfire horribly and would only help Trump and the GOP. His invincible base would be angered and rise to his defense, and the Dems would fall in the polls. Instead, it appears as if his base is no stronger than before (how much angrier and fired up could his base possibly get?), and it is Trump's opponents who are uniting in support of impeachment (or at least the inquiry.) All these "experts" couldn't possibly be wrong, could they?

In today's poll, Democrats approve of the inquiry 93 - 7 percent and independent voters approve 58 - 37 percent, while Republicans disapprove of the inquiry 88 - 10 percent. In last week's poll, Democrats approved of the inquiry 90 - 8 percent, and independents were divided with a 50 - 45 percent approval, and Republicans disapproved 90 - 9 percent.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

Presidential Approval by Party - D 5%, I 34%, R 87%

Basically only a small percentage of people who don't approve of Trump also don't approve of impeachment. Independents went from 50 to 58 percent for impeachment. That should frighten Pubs.

This group of Republican Congressmen took cues from Trump, but seemed very experienced in being a lynch mob. Trump smiled.

Back