• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

Hey birdman, I just finished teaching "The Scarlet Ibis" to my freshmen. What are your thoughts on the short story, or the bird?

I've never read the story. Maybe I should, I guarantee you it is better than The Scarlet Letter.

Scarlet Ibis are awesome birds though. Shockingly red. I have a long standing infatuation with Ibis since I visited Egypt as a child and saw the bird in the ancient art work. Personally I have a preference for glossy ibis since they were the first ibis species I saw as a high schooler in eastern Long Island. Scarlets are almost too gaudy, but glossy's have iridescence that only shows when the light is right. When you see them shine from right angle on the right day it's almost as if you are being let in on one of nature's beautiful secrets.

Also the defense “everyone in Ukraine is corrupt” is akin to Mexico is only sending “rapists and murderers.” Another of Donald’s broad favorites that sailor has employed.

When a Dem screws up, they typically apologize and the Dems on this board broadly denounce. When trump does something terrible, Pubs here (sailor, angus, tin tin) and across the nation shrug it off as acceptable and don’t apologize or admit wrong doing. If they do, in small cases here at time, it’s kid gloves “trump is vulgar, but...” treatment. Ergo, their personal identities (I am a republican first, X second) can’t be bothered due to the deep personal connection to either hating Dems or clinging to some false narrative Fox News has successfully engrained (immigrants are coming for you, deep state, Christians are victims, whatever). Nikki Haley is the latest big example. Prior to 2016 she would’ve denounced all of this. No more.

Trump apologists/GOP fucksticks are less concerned with the revelations of the administration's corruption because, more importantly to them, they are absolutely devastated by the revelation that they were duped and Hillary fucking Clinton was completely and utterly correct about Trump.

That's what stings so badly. As Sailor flounders around with myriad shitty defenses of this and that, and jhmd skulks the PM sidelines, you can feel the collapse of their souls and self-worth. Sad.

Correct. And this is why Fox News and Trump still hammer away at Hillary. If it turned out that there was no Hillary corruption and/or that Hillary was right about Trump, then all those people who voted for Trump because they "couldn't vote for Hillary" will question everything.

Also the defense “everyone in Ukraine is corrupt” is akin to Mexico is only sending “rapists and murderers.” Another of Donald’s broad favorites that sailor has employed.

When a Dem screws up, they typically apologize and the Dems on this board broadly denounce. When trump does something terrible, Pubs here (sailor, angus, tin tin) and across the nation shrug it off as acceptable and don’t apologize or admit wrong doing. If they do, in small cases here at time, it’s kid gloves “trump is vulgar, but...” treatment. Ergo, their personal identities (I am a republican first, X second) can’t be bothered due to the deep personal connection to either hating Dems or clinging to some false narrative Fox News has successfully engrained (immigrants are coming for you, deep state, Christians are victims, whatever). Nikki Haley is the latest big example. Prior to 2016 she would’ve denounced all of this. No more.

Only you have said these things. No one else has. Why do you need to keep desperately fooling yourself with such crude misrepresentations?

You make a perfectly innocuous statement about the obvious, namely that corruption in Ukraine is pervasive and that people I have met have confirmed this, and the lubes go crazy displaying their ignorance on the subject and try desperately to misrepresent what was said. Truth and reality offend lubes, and they have no one but themselves to blame.

The post was perfect. It was a perfect post.

But seriously, that’s not innocuous at all. You claim to know people involved in corruption in a foreign country. How would you know that?

So is sailor's argument that any individual he knows who is involved in business in Ukraine has engaged in corrupt practices therein, therefore the president and cabinet members should be expected to do the same ?

So is sailor's argument that any individual he knows who is involved in business in Ukraine has engaged in corrupt practices therein, therefore the president and cabinet members should be expected to do the same ?

Two-Buttons.jpg

That is his position on business in Ukraine. He supports this stance with the impenetrable law defense of “when in Rome....”

Okay, so Hunter Biden is in the clear ? Is that my takeaway ?

You make a perfectly innocuous statement about the obvious, namely that corruption in Ukraine is pervasive and that people I have met have confirmed this, and the lubes go crazy displaying their ignorance on the subject and try desperately to misrepresent what was said. Truth and reality offend lubes, and they have no one but themselves to blame.

Why would Trump call back the ambassador actually working to root out corruption in Ukraine while using back-channel diplomacy to get some donors some sweet deals and dig up dirt on a political opponent?

The post was perfect. It was a perfect post.

But seriously, that’s not innocuous at all. You claim to know people involved in corruption in a foreign country. How would you know that?

They said so. It's a part of doing business there. Are you disputing that corruption in Ukraine is pervasive? If not, then what's your problem?

Can you outline at what point in the conversation they brought up corruption if you didn't interact with them long enough to consider it hanging out?

They said so. It's a part of doing business there. Are you disputing that corruption in Ukraine is pervasive? If not, then what's your problem?

I don't know. the only person from Ukraine I ever met was my best friend's grandmother, this little old lady they called Bubba. she didn't seem very corrupt.

I don't know. the only person from Ukraine I ever met was my best friend's grandmother, this little old lady they called Bubba. she didn't seem very corrupt.

She was running whores and a loansharking operation out of her rocking chair.

Any conversation I've had with someone from Ukraine didn't get into corruption.

Back